Supplier Development Specialist (Living in Southern Michigan, Northern Ohio, or Northern Indiana)
Contribute to the profitability of Metalsa through the execution of supplier development strategies that mitigate risk and generate a competitive, responsive, high quality world-class supply base that supports Metalsa in winning profitable new business and achieving operational excellence.
- 2-5 years of Supplier Development, Supplier Quality Engineering , Program Manager, Mechanical Engineering.
- 2-5 years of automotive industry experience (Commodity Management, Sourcing, Engineering or Quality) related to stamping, metal forming, molding and castings, steel, and/or assembly, or similar experience.
- Familiarity with: APQP / PPAP, Core Tools (AIAG) and Participate in cross-functional Value Analysis/Value Engineering.
- Project Management experience in a lead role preferred.
- Experience and/or training in Lean Manufacturing techniques preferred.
- Availability of work trips.
Supplier Development, Evaluation and Relationship Management. Support supplier relationship management activities, utilizing supplier evaluation and development techniques that result in a strong, stable, responsive, competitive supply base focused on continuous improvement in current and emerging technologies.
Advanced Product Quality Planning. Coordinate and esure the proper flow and execution of the Advanced Product Quality Planning Process (APQP) with assigned suppliers. Lead the PPAP process for engineering changes and new product introductions on supplier parts.
Cost Reduction/ Quality Initiatives. Participate in cross-functional Value Analysis/Value Engineering (VA/VE) teams that conduct technical discussions with suppliers and internal operations teams to identify and implement improvements in existing products and processes, using Lean methods to reduce waste.
Operations Support. Lead the local Operations team in resolving supplier issues that would adversely impact internal operations and/or result in quality or delivery performance shortfalls to the customer through identification, containment, root cause analysis, and corrective action generation and monitoring.
- Records and Confidentiality. Document activity and retain historical files that are organized, accurate and accessible to designated Metalsa staff as needed, while maintaining appropriate levels of confidentiality within Metalsa and with the supply base
New Supplier Qualification. Participate in the supplier sourcing process. Review and evaluate the Metalsa Supplier Business Assessments (MSBAs) provided by suppliers, conduct on-site audits as needed, and develop and facilitate supplier improvement plans as applicable. Maintain accurate files of completed MSBAs and other audit documentation.
- Financial analysis Strong Project Management skills
- Knowledge of automotive industry
- Technical knowledge of purchased commodities
- Strong knowledge of stampings, molding and castings preferred
- Total Cost Evaluation techniques
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings/ blueprints
- Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing, Quality, Logistics
- Familiarity with import/ export processes
- Microsoft Office expert
We are a global Mexican company with more than 60 years of experience in the automotive industry, we manufacture safe and sustainable products for people around the world, seeking to minimize the environmental impact through innovation in our processes and products. For more information visit www.metalsa.comEEOC Statement:
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This job has expired.