Supplier professional focused on the strategic leadership and relationship of company suppliers to achieve the best financial performance and relationship with assigned product lines
Job Level Specifications:
- Directs and manages the supplier business plan and implementation process throughout the organization leveraging supplier strengths and resources on behalf of the supplier and communicating supplier benefits to the company.
- Aligns goals and objectives of supplier with the company to ensure mutual goals and objectives are achieved.
- Determines, monitors and recommends plans for the supplier, company business relationship on a tactical and strategic level.
- Participates in supplier business reviews providing appropriate data and engaging in resolving issues.
- Identifies and drives new supplier opportunities with particular emphasis on the development of new services that blend unique supplier resource/capability along with service/capability to create a unique value proposition.
- Supports cross functional communication with the company's product groups in price negotiations and market knowledge.
- Responsible for the management of activities and programs that will drive the supplier's pro-forma performance in an effort to achieve Avnet's financial goals.
- Performs analysis and reports of various program impact for the supplier.
- Manages forecasting pipeline requirements and rebate projections.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Thorough knowledge of principles, theories and concepts in area of discipline. Competent in all job functions and has general understanding of the industry practices, techniques and standards.
- Develops solutions for a variety of situations and works on projects requiring evaluation and analysis. May refer to policies, practices and precedents for guidance; determines best course of action to achieve results.
- Work is performed independently and requires the exercise of judgment and discretion. May receive some limited guidance for new assignments. Work may be reviewed for overall adequacy.
- Collaborates with management and team members within the department/function and other areas of the organization. May represent department internally or externally.
- Actions may impact the success of the overall department and/or the organization. Failure to accomplish work or erroneous decisions may result in delays to projects, loss of revenue or allocation of additional resources to remedy.
Education and Certification(s):
- Typically 3+ years with bachelor's or equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience from which comparable knowledge and job skills can be obtained.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
Avnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy of non-discrimination also applies to religious dress and grooming practices. Avnet will accommodate employee religious dress standards and grooming practices that do not result in undue hardship for the Company. If you are interested in applying for employment with Avnet and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position contact our Human Resources Service Center at (888) 994-7669.
This job has expired.