The Supply Chain Manger will be responsible for leading all purchasing, planning and logistics related activities that support Portescap's West Chester, PA. He/she will drive optimization in Quality, Delivery & Cost via strategic decision making, problem solving, supplier performance monitoring, identifying and pursuing cost savings opportunities, and developing advanced sourcing related processes and tools. This position will work closely with other internal department leads including Finance, Engineering, and Customer Service as well as Corporate Sourcing Resources and external supplier contacts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Along with those identified below, other duties may be assigned.
Job Requirements QUALIFICATIONS:
- Analyzes and manages the material procurement, inventory planning and management, production planning and logistical functions.
- Leads the entire Supply Chain team at the West Chester, PA facility. This team includes salaried employees as well as union employees.
- Manage 200+ domestic and international suppliers
- Own strategic sourcing activities.
- Drive improvements in supply chain performance to deliver 95% customer OTD, while driving to optimal inventory levels.
- Identify Supply Chain Risks and develop mitigation strategies and action plans.
- Lead new supplier discovery and qualification process.
- Drive improvements in direct and indirect material cost savings with focused programs to gain year over year price performance improvement
- Lead Annual Physical Inventories
- Coordinate with Corporate Sourcing and legal resources to ensure regulatory compliance in the areas of Import/Export and Conflict Minerals.
- Responsible for following quality system procedures and compliance with ISO certification.
- Mentor and lead buyers, planners and non-exempt resources in helping to prioritize and ensure consistency of process across the organization
- Supervise the process and personnel for shipping and receiving of materials
- Lead material requirement efforts on new products working with engineering to establish product structure and material planning process for new releases.
- Champion the company's culture and core values (team work, continuous improvement, performance measurement, integrity and personal responsibility).
- Perform benchmarking studies to evaluate and improve the business. Drive "best practices" in all areas of responsibility.
- Use Altra Business System (ABS) tools to drive continuous process improvements in on-time delivery, cost savings, and inventory reduction.
- Liaison with Altra Corporate Sourcing Resources to identify opportunities to leverage supply chain improvements including but not limited to PPV.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Strong negotiation skills
- Understanding of US Import/Export regulations
- Effective planning, organization, and leadership skills
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated SC performance in a high mix, low volume business
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical background including experience with tools such as Excel & Access
- Ability & experience interfacing at all levels of the organization
- Ability to articulate clear vision and convey a sense of urgency
- Ability & willingness to lead and work in a matrix organization with direct & indirect reporting relationships
- Demonstrated mastery of the ABS tool kit / Lean Manufacturing tools
- Familiarity with various technical manufacturing processes
- Ability to read and communicate technical information including mechanical drawing dimensions
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Business Administration or equivalent experience. MBA or MS in engineering is preferred.
- Prior experience with international supply chain planning and leading a supply chain team.
- Prior experience with utilizing lean methodology and tools to improve operations.
- Experience leading a team of purchasing and planning professionals.
- Experience in metal working and assembly operations, preferred.
- Oracle experience is preferred.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to email@example.com.
This job has expired.