Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you've come to the right place!
Under the direction of the U.S. Operations Manager and Area Manager, this position is responsible for the day-to-day client interaction and execution of borehole deviation surveys, borehole geophysical logging, and/or directional drilling services for a wide variety of IDS's customers which account for the largest revenue stream within the company.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Engage directly with clients to promote IDS's services and provide quality deliverables
- Self-manage time, daily schedule, safe work practices, and client interactions to meet contract requirements
- Provide public relations on behalf of IDS directly to clients and community to foster positive image of company and grow business
- Routinely engage clients and their contractors to provide technical support and to provide in-depth understanding for deliverables
- Attend client-organized technical and safety meetings to be the sole IDS representative representing the company's interest
- Provide high quality, technically advanced services to clients which is relied upon for massive capital investment
- Comprehend effective cost control to self-manage impact on profitability of company
- Bachelor's Degree preferred but not required.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- 1-3 years experience in rig and rig personnel management, surface mapping, core logging, subsurface mapping, and prospect development.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Ability to work unsupervised for long periods at a time, to ensure a successful project with limited management oversight.
- Experience in communicating complex problems and exhaustive findings to mid and upper level management
- Experience in Construction Materials is not necessary but is a plus.
- Microsoft Office
- Advanced knowledge of downhole instrumentation theory
- Critical thinking
- Public relations
- Basic mechanical skills
- Initiative and disciplined self-management skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of sample material or core boxes. The employee is required to walk uneven and steep ground to access property for the purpose of field mapping. The employee must be able to work outside all seasons of the year, all day long. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functionsAbout Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please clickhere.Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening.Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place.
Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.