Talent and Organizational Development Consultant (Hybrid Eligible)
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website for the latest information.
Posted Job Title
Talent and Organizational Development Consultant (Hybrid Eligible)
Job Profile Title
Training and Development Consultant Senior
Job Description Summary
As Penn prepares to implement Workday Talent Management, the role of Talent and Organizational Development Consultant provides an opportunity to enhance alignment between Penn's competency model and our existing staff and leadership development curricula.
As Penn prepares to implement Workday Talent Management, the role of Talent and Organizational Development Consultant is part of the Division of Human Resources' Talent Management group and provides an opportunity to enhance alignment between Penn's competency model and our existing staff and leadership development curricula. The role also provides an opportunity to develop and implement a talent management curriculum for staff and leaders. Day-to-day responsibilities include design, development, program management, and facilitation of learning programs and consulting solutions on a variety of professional development and organizational effectiveness topics. These will typically require some research and the development of an effective methodology to address the need/gap, as well as follow-up to ensure that the methodology/solution is working. This role will be responsible for training and consulting with staff and leaders across the University.
This role requires strong, proven curriculum design and development skills, an ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholder functions, and experience deploying content in large, complex organizations. Additional requirements include:
- Masters-level graduate preferred, with coursework in instructional design/development for adults. Examples include: MS in Education; HRD, and/or Adult Learning and Instructional Design from accredited educational.
- SHRM certification preferred but not required.
- 3-5 years of experience with curriculum needs assessment, design, development, implementation and evaluation of competency-based professional development programs for adults in large, complex organizations.
- Demonstrated competency with project management, stakeholder engagement, and online/blended instructional design and development preferred.
- Experience with Workday Talent Management or other talent management software preferred.
- Complete a multi-year effort to design, develop, deliver and evaluate results of a talent management-focused curricula for staff and leaders. This includes identifying and collaborating with external vendors when appropriate. Delivery will be via blended learning, i.e., asynchronous, self-paced online content delivery with synchronous (in-person/virtual) facilitated group skill practice/application activities.
- Support development of online self-paced training modules on a variety of competency-based professional development topics delivered via Penn's LMS and available to all staff 24/7. Over multiple years, these will include:
- Available/appropriate LinkedIn Learning content.
- Penn specific modules to be designed, developed, implemented and evaluated by this role.
- Collectively, this content can be assigned to teams/groups via the LMS. It could also be used to create self-paced curricula on specific themes (e.g., psychological safety, career management, giving effective feedback, etc.)
- For existing curricular programs:
- Ongoing addition/enhancement of content so that programs are refreshed and, where appropriate, revised/extended to meet emerging needs/trends.
- Program management of multiple curricular programs (e.g., Penn Career Navigator, STEP UP, Essentials of Management, etc.)
- Collaborate with Penn's Talent Management staff, HR Business Partners, leaders, and SME's to identify training needs, training content, and delivery processes/modes.
- Benchmark curricula with Ivy Plus peers.
Targeted Pay Range:
$65,000-68,000Job Location - City, State
Hybrid Eligible - This position is eligible for a hybrid work schedule with a work week divided between working onsite and working remotely.Department / School
Human ResourcesPay Range
$61,046.00 - $95,972.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.University Benefits
Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/3624-Market/Talent-and-Organizational-Development-Consultant--Hybrid-Eligible-_JR00055065-1
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.