Talent Development Specialist - 472301
This position develops and presents learning and development programs for employees to include design and development of course curricula and lesson plans; learner/client testing and evaluation; team facilitation, performance improvement, and marketing and/or promotion of training programs and services.
Learning and Development Design and Presentation:
Learning and Development Support:
- Plans, designs, develops, delivers, evaluates, and continually improves curricula for learning and development programs; researches and defines learning and development goals, objectives, and methodologies to meet program goals across various learning platforms.
- Applies knowledge of adult learning theories and principles in curriculum development and delivery of instruction, including, accommodations and strategies for special populations.
- Formulates training outlines and determines instructional methods, utilizing knowledge of specified needs and effectiveness of methods such as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, e-learning, and other appropriate methods.
- Periodically updates learning programs to integrate new content and improve content and delivery mechanisms.
- Selects or develops participant and facilitator handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia, e-learning, handouts and other appropriate methodologies.
- Reviews and recommends vendor developed training for purchase or presentation by vendor.
- Follows industry standards and best practices for instructional design and development to produce clear learning solutions.
- Assesses training and development needs through surveys, interviews, focus groups, and communication with managers, instructors, and customer representatives.
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness and usefulness all learning events and programs utilizing Kirkpatrick Levels or other relevant evaluation processes.
- Schedules learning and development programs.
- Reviews and recommends or utilizes vendor programs that meet instructional goals and objectives.
- Maintains records on program attendance, programs offered and utilization levels.
- Updates and manages the information in the LMS.
- Maintains knowledge of latest trends on learning and development.
- Performs other related duties as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Thorough knowledge of adult learning & development.
- Thorough knowledge of instructional design methods for instructor led and e-learning programs.
- Demonstrated skill in delivering a variety of training programs and/or methodologies.
- Effective project management, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- General knowledge of performance improvement consultation, including interventions, processes, tools, and techniques.
- General knowledge of a variety of Organizational Development interventions and their usage.
- Demonstrated ability to design and deliver e-learning.
- Skill in oral and written communication sufficient to clearly convey and receive information and ideas.
- Skill in handling conflict and ambiguous situations.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing workload.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Behavioral Science, Instructional Design, Adult Learning or a related field.
- Experience using and supporting e-learning authoring tools such as Captivate, Articulate Storyline/360 or equivalent.
- Experience using and supporting a wide variety of animation and multi-media development tools such as GoAnimate, PowToon, Kultura, and Slideshare.
- 2-4 years of curriculum development (Instructor-led and e-learning), training delivery, and training coordination or support.
- Full-time, exempt position
- Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; 7.75 hrs./day; 38.75 hrs./week
- This position is limited term, not to exceed two years
Pay Grade 7 (Hiring Range $51,181.00 to $67.805.00 annually) COVID-19:
The University of Richmond requires COVID-19 vaccinations for all students, faculty, and staff. The University allows exemptions to this requirement for religious, medical and strong personal conviction reasons. All newly hired employees must report their status within the first two weeks of employment. ABOUT UR
At the University of Richmond, we're creative, inclusive, and determined. We're Spiders, and our mission is to create positive change in the UR community and beyond. Located minutes from downtown Richmond, Virginia, the University of Richmond ( www.richmond.edu ) blends the intimacy of a small college with exceptional academic, research, and cultural opportunities usually found only at large institutions. There's only one place like Richmond.
UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which values the expression of differences in ways that promote excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and candidates who support diversity. EOE
This job has expired.