Who We Are
Eide Bailly is one of the top 25 CPA and business advisory firms in the nation. We have over 40 offices in 15 states across the Midwest and western United States and offer our staff and Partners the opportunity to serve a variety of industries. Founded in 1917, our culture is the foundation of who we are, and we pride ourselves on supporting our employees to help them achieve their goals and pursue their interests both in the office and at home. At Eide Bailly we are passionate about the clients we serve, the work we do, and most importantly, having fun while we do it!
Why You'll Love Working Here
At Eide Bailly we believe respect is how to treat everyone, not just those you want to impress. Our culture focuses on collaboration to achieve career growth. Innovation is highly encouraged, which is where programs like our EB Xchange originate. This program allows interested tax and audit employees to complete a rotation into a specialty area. We promote happy employees by making work/life balance a priority along with being actively involved in our communities. Our dedication to service can be seen through the Firm's decision to match charitable donations made by employees, as well as providing opportunities to volunteer throughout the year. Most importantly, we like to have fun! We offer a professional and fun work environment with frequent lunch and learns, socials, contests, outings and other events.
Typical Day in the Life
A typical day as a Tax Director on the Transaction Advisory team might include the following:
Who You Are
- Delivers strategic sell-side tax due diligence allowing time for sellers to remedy any previously undiscovered tax problems.
- Maximizes transaction value by expediting the sale process and remediating tax exposure.
- Reviews client's tax position and compliance before starting an active sale process.
- Provides insight on the tax situation of the seller and the extent to which these tax attributes can be used after the transaction
- Provides analysis to eliminate or minimize the need for purchase price adjustments, indemnification provisions and escrows later in the transaction cycle.
- Helps to relieve buyer concerns and fix, eliminate, or reduce the amount of their tax exposures.
- Works with client relationship Partners and managers to identify opportunities for business sales or acquisitions.
- Attends various industry association meetings and conferences as a presenter and marketer as needed.
- Manages client relationships with integrity by monitoring client needs and building value into professional service.
- Evaluates the costs, benefits and risks of alternative solutions to client problems or needs.
- Capitalizes on personal and professional experiences in order to develop business and practice lines.
- Actively seeks feedback to develop the Transaction Services tax due diligence practice.
- Ensures timely and accurate performance on assigned projects.
- Maintains compliance with project budgets, turnaround times, and deadlines
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related field required.
- You have 10+ years of experience in the areas of tax, investment banking and/or mergers and acquisitions required.
- A CPA, LLM or JD also considered.
- You are skilled in networking and developing business.
- You have strong verbal and written communications skills and effective presentation skills.
- You have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and clients.
- You are proficient with computers, Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and using various software packages.
Must be authorized to work in the United States permanently without the requirement of sponsorship at any point in the future. What to Expect Next
We'll be in touch! If you look like the right fit for our position, one of our recruiters will be reaching out to schedule a phone interview with you to learn more about your career interests and goals. In the meantime, we encourage you to check us out on Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , LinkedIn or our About Us page.
This job has expired.