Support the Charles City site manufacture quality animal vaccines through innovative automation systems. Continue to drive quality, safety and improved throughput with modernized systems / equipment and data collection systems. Help develop the facility of the future with life-cycle management of automated systems and data driven decisions.
- Support Manufacturing, Environmental and Quality initiatives through automation and technology:
- Troubleshooting existing systems to determine root cause failure,
- Developing new systems to innovate and modernize existing or new manufacturing processes,
- Recognizing issues during routine observations and developing a solution to resolve the issue.
- Develop and review / approve specifications for automated systems. This may include simple PLC standalone systems or more complex distributed control / management systems.
- Maintain and monitor performance of multiple Process, Equipment and Historical data systems.
- Provide life-cycle management of assigned Process, Equipment and Historical data systems.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable Zoetis Standard Operating Procedures and regulatory guidance (i.e. CFR21 Part 11, Good Automation Practices, etc..) throughout the life of the system.
- Maintain knowledge of updated and new automation technologies and industry practices. Be capable of developing a site strategy recommending adopting or deploying as necessary to enhance automation effectiveness and ensure continued viability of installed infrastructure.
- Support and maintain a safe work environment.
- Support capital projects as requested.
- Obtain buy-in from key stakeholders and regularly engage colleagues for feedback.
- Participate in all phases of a project from initiation to hand-over and continued long-term support.
- Support training site colleagues on automated systems as needed to ensure smooth hand-over and successful operations. Perform the administration, change, configuration, design, development, deployment, evolution, integration, maintenance, and qualification of assigned Equipment Control Systems, Process Control Systems, and Historical Data Systems.
- Maintain assigned GMP automation systems in a current, secure, and validated state in accordance with Zoetis SOP's, Zoetis Quality Standards (PQS), CFR21 Part 11, ISPE Good Automation Manufacturing Practices (cGAMP), and Good Computer System Validation Practices.
- Contribute to the accomplishment of all group goals - set realistic individual goals and deadlines and manage individual performance to obtain them. Interface regularly with team members, site customers and leadership on assigned projects to communicate status, manage expectations, resolve issues, and ensure top quality service.
- Participate in all phases of a project to include requirements definition, specification, design, hardware purchase, assembly and installation, code construction, validation, training, cutover to production, continued enhancement and ongoing 24 x 7 troubleshooting and maintenance support.
- Provide periodic system operation training on the assigned automation systems. Provide technical support and training for Charles City Operations maintenance and operations teams.
- Provide 24 x 7 troubleshooting and maintenance support for all assigned automation systems.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors level degree (Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering, preferred) with 2 - 4 years' experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Certificates, Licenses or Registrations: PE License preferred
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and problem-solving skills. Motivated, self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to values-based leadership and achieving objectives in a manner that is supportive of the Zoetis Core Beliefs.
- Demonstrated leadership, management and technical capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of the Zoetis organization.
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Zoetis from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Zoetis mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Zoetis employees, or to Zoetis resume database will be considered Zoetis property. Zoetis will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Zoetis will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an approved/engaged vendor but does not have the appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.