Team Leader - Machine Shop Off Shift
Work Mode: Onsite
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
The primary responsibility of the Team Leader is to support and direct multiple production work
teams. Utilizing a combination of entry level technical knowledge, leadership and team
management skill sets, the Team Leader will guide teams to effective results within the areas of production, safety, quality, cost, and delivery.
- Responsible for the supervision of production work team(s) including, but not limited to -establishing daily work activities, monitoring performance, providing feedback, facilitating on-the-job training, collaborating with other functional areas (i.e. engineering, quality, materials) and reinforcing the Kohler core competencies among all team members. Span of control typically 30-50 production team members.
- Accountable for the overall safety of work team(s). Thoroughly understand the proper usage and operation of any equipment within the work cell(s) and assist corporate accident analysis and safety audits. Understand the basic principles of legislation such as OSHA and EPA regulations, as well as Kohler Co. safety policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the overall quality of the work team and demonstrate a basic understanding of quality standards. Lead production work teams to effectively monitor, track, and drive corrective action to continuously improve the quality of the products we produce.
- Maintain a culture of continuous improvement by identifying process improvement opportunities and working with the associates to utilize process improvement tools among the work teams. Responsible for participating and supporting efforts in process improvement events such as 5S, 6 Sigma, Green Belt, Business Process Redesign projects.
- Foster a collaborative work environment by leading work teams in problem-solving within the team and across functional work areas - examples would include engaging the work team in discussions about new equipment with Engineering and Maintenance; or establishing a joint problem-solving team between Operator, Front Line Leader and Maintenance when determining whether to run, fix or shut down a process due to problems with a machine or process.
- Develop weekly work schedules as well as oversee the work team as they develop and execute the daily schedules. In addition, provide guidance and tools for the work team to manage scheduled time off such as vacations. Coach team on the basics of on-time deliveries and customer satisfaction.
- Work to forecast cost and staffing in respective departments each month and track results toward achieving the forecast weekly. This includes all operating and maintenance supply cost, labor usage and productivity, and quality cost.
- Oversee the production work team's process for monitoring, recording and auditing hazardous waste.
- Responsible for reinforcing the Kohler Core Competences and promoting a team-based organization.
- Prepare reports, work on special projects and perform other duties as assigned by supervision.
- Ensure adherence to applicable product compliance requirements including but not limited to the Clean Air Act, California Code of Regulations and California Health and Safety Code.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two or more years manufacturing experience
- Machine shop math skills, including conversion to metric
- Demonstrated computer skills, especially in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- Must be open to moving from one shift to another depending on business
- 2-year degree in machining or tooling
- Experience in engine machining or related industrial machining
- Experience in drilling, milling or grinding
- Background in CNC
- Ability to change tools and make offsets
- Mechanical aptitude
- Demonstrated communication and leadership skills, with experience in leading groups of associates in a common work cell
- Working knowledge of 5S, 6 Sigma, Green Belt, Business Process Redesign
We will consider applicants requiring sponsorship for this opportunity.
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.'s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates' development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual's personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohlercompany.com.
It is Kohler's policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
We invite you to learn more about equal employment opportunity by reviewing the Federal EEO is the Law and the EEO is the Law Supplement .