Job Description Summary
Oversees all aspects of the maintenance department, production lines and affiliated equipment, building and grounds. Schedule work and manpower to meet production demands, maintain the preventative maintenance system and work toward meeting or exceeding the plants safety and uptime goals. Control maintenance expenses by monitoring overtime and parts expenses weekly.
Establish and maintain mechanical integrity and equipment reliability programs to ensure employee safety provide environmental security and maximize the plant's availability, product quality, and cost effectiveness. Other primary duties include but not limited to: ownership of the plant's PM/PdM activities; leadership of equipment performance tracking and repair/improvement prioritization; technical guidance and coaching of mechanical craftsmen; and engineering support of maintenance and capital projects.
- Plan and schedule work force efficiently for utilization of employees.
- Monitor downtime occurrences to maintain consistent operations.
- Monitor the efficiencies of the production lines, paying special attention formaintenance and mechanical trends.
- Train, motivate and direct employees to adhere to safe work methods and standard procedures to ensure efficient utilization of employees.
- Promote teamwork to achieve Company's goals and objectives.
- Monitor and control labor within allotted budget.
- Purchase of supplies and repair parts regarding quality and budget
- Maintaining equipment for efficient operation within maintenance budget
- Seeks continuous improvement in the Maintenance Department employees and the efficiencies of the production lines.
- Assumes full ownership of predictive and preventive maintenance activities including oil analysis, vibration analysis, engine-compressor analysis, and infrared thermography.
- Continuously evaluates PM/PDM activities and frequencies to ensure optimum use of manpower and resources in maximizing equipment reliability.
- Involves all associates in a team concept, keeping personnel safety, food safety and uptime as the top priorities.
- Responsible for completing workplace investigations regarding team member performance. To include expectation setting, coaching and discipline administration of employees within their department.
Job QualificationsPosition Qualifications
- Must have ability to support a 24/7 operation working possible nights, weekends, and holidays when required.
- Ability to be on call and respond to problems within assigned scope.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required, Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Mechanical Engineering or other technical degree program preferred.
- 3-5 years of previous maintenance experience preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience required.
- Prior experience in food processing facility preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blueprints, schematics, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Knowledge and experience with Preventative Maintenance programs.
- Maintain basic knowledge of electronic and electrical principals.
- Experienced at writing: employee appraisals/evaluations, Maintenance procedures and Job Descriptions.
- Ability to troubleshoot, using root-cause analysis systems to find solutions to equipment, process, and people problems.
- Must be knowledgeable on computer systems such as MS Office, SAP, Outlook, etc.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to handle and feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; taste and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee will be exposed to a noisy environment that varies from hot/cold in temperature. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
This job has expired.