At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name - this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the rightsystem set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
We are currently seeking a Technical Account Manager to join our Global Professional Services team in North America, focusing on Technical Account Management. This role is based in our Chicago/Austin/Scottsdale/Remote office.
As a Technical Account Manager, you should be an excellent technical and functional expert with ability to drive complex issue management. You will act as the main point of contact for driving proactive technical health and solution for technical issues for PayPal's largest multi-national clients and partners.
We are seeking a dynamic individual with fast innovative thinking skills, exceptional technical skills, and a solid business acumen. As the Technical Account Manager, we will look for you to use your technology and business intelligence to help manage merchant and partner challenges. The role requires internal cross team participation with key internal stakeholder teams such as Product, Engineering, Customer Success, Engagement Management, and Sales.
The ideal candidate is a motivated self-learner, passionate about problem solving and dedicated to our merchant's success. Agility is a key attribute for the position and embodying a desire to be a Customer and Merchant Champion.
This job might require 5% travel.
Job Description:Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Advocate for customer needs in order to overcome adoption blockers and drive new feature development with Product. Lead across multiple work streams and teams to maintain customer momentum.
- Develop strategic relationships with key stakeholders to understand merchant's business needs and desired outcomes.
- Works directly with developers, merchant, and internal teams to ultimately upsell and upgrade PayPal's product offerings with the merchant.Works directly with Partners and internal teams on post integration issues to provide technical support, consulting, and best practices.
- Installation and configuration of payment APIs, and commerce products.
- Identifies irregularities in functionality and unexpected behaviours with PayPal products and services.
- Develops in-depth technical documents for distribution to PayPal merchants.
- Ability to diagnose and identify issues with API's, Code, Services, and Network connectivity.
- Ability to analyse a merchant's business and identify opportunities for improvements and growth.
- Conducts test scenarios for technical issues with code, software, hardware, devices and endpoints.
- Communicates major technical issues to merchants in your portfolio.
- Identifies irregularities in functionality and unexpected behaviors with PayPal products and services.
- Develops and conducts demos of PayPal product functionality.
- Participates in the development of tools, systems and processes to improve product supportability.
- Be comfortable with change, particularly supporting an evolving product suite.
- Possess a desire to be a Customer Champion though customer empathy and advocacy.
- Loves interacting directly with our Strategic Partners to learn about their business and help them by matching PayPal products and services with their business opportunities.
- Enjoys solving complex technical challenges that may be required to get PayPal products and services to work end-to-end in our Partners' environments.
- Prioritizes communication and presentation skills with the ability to effectively adjust language to the target audience (CFO, CEO, Developer, etc.)
- Demonstrates their expertise in applying consultative methodologies and techniques to uncover potential new opportunities.
- While always respecting a healthy work life balance, is prepared for off business hours escalations if necessary, while being aware and work with geographic time sensitivities when triaging your tasks.
- Has strong understanding of PayPal products and services and the competitive landscape.
- Is a well-organized, self-motivated individual that can work independently with minimal direction.
- Bachelor's with 3-10 years of relevant experience. Master'sdegree preferred.
- Experience in solution engineeringorTechnical managementpreferred.
- Hands-on experience in C, C++, PHP or Java required.
- Troubleshooting experience with SOAP and REST environment needed.
- Experience with Web Services, SOAP, REST.
- Understanding of basic SQL Commands.
- Solid Understanding of Firewalls, proxy, HTTP Errors,server sideerrors, TCP/IP.
The pay range for this position in Colorado starts as mentioned below
per year, plus annual bonus or commission if a Sales role. We take into consideration an individual's background and experience in determining final salary. All PayPal employees are shareholders in our Company, so equity is part of our total compensation plan. This role is also eligible for health insurance, stock purchase plans, retirement savings benefits, stock awards, life insurance and disability benefits, and paid time off for sick leave, parental leave, vacation, and PTO. To learn more visit paypalbenefits.com. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location.
Salary in USD:
At PayPal, we're committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can't do this without our most important asset-you. That's why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of PayPal's commitment to employees' health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.