ECS is seeking a Tier 2 Systems Administrator to work in our Huntsville, AL office. Please Note: This position is contingent upon contract award.
We offer the chance to support the world's finest law enforcement organization and help the people that keep us safe. In this job you will support agents, analysts, and professionals and technology they use to fight terrorism, espionage, cyber-attacks, and major criminal threats. We are seeking candidates committed to high quality to provide courteous and accurate technical information and support in a timely, efficient and professional manner.
- Perform systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area networks
- Desktop system management responsibilities involving Network Access Control admission requirements
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance support for current and emerging technology IT systems
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provide Tier 2 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problem
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Proactively, reactively and remotely monitor all enterprise wide servers, applications, systems and databases
- Take corrective action by remotely identifying and escalating issues through monitoring, to ensure the operability of all servers and all systems
- Use the HP EMS tools to monitor to proactively monitor and manage Enterprise wide servers
- Manage Windows operating systems, VMware, and SQL Servers
- Isolate and resolve hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof or escalate to next level solver group
- Troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Provide support to crisis events
- Provide user support for system and application issues
- Provides advice and training to end-users
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
- Participate in special projects as required
- Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
- Two to four years of direct experience with HP Service Manager or ServiceNow
- Intermediary problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy within documentation
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network systems administration and support
- Knowledge and experience with VMware, Windows Server 2012 configuration and administration
- Execute PowerShell scripting
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Basic understanding of IT Service Management processes
- Ability to work in a 24/7 environment
- Computing Environment certification: Windows Server 2012, MSCA, MCP, VCP5, etc.
- ITIL Foundations certification
- Possess an HDI certification
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
This job has expired.