Meier Tool & Engineering, Inc., which is part of the Cretex Medical family of companies, manufactures high-precision metal stampings and subassemblies for the medical device industry. We are a growing company and this year we will be moving into our brand new facility in Brooklyn Park, MN. Learn more how we are impacting lives daily at www.meiertool.com and www.cretexmedical.com.
What is it Like to Work at Meier?
We value the contributions of our employees and promote growth, safety and security for all our employees. Meier pays competitive wages along with a rich benefit package while offering a positive work environment with a focus on continuous improvement. Check out all Meier can offer you as a valued team member.
Development Toolmaker Position Summary:
In this role you will be responsible for supporting the building of fixtures, gages, and multiple forms of tooling using validated effective practices.
Development Toolmaker Responsibilities:
QualificationsDevelopment Toolmaker Position Requirements:
- Maintain and build reliable production ready tooling on time
- Surface grind to required tolerances
- Troubleshoot tooling issues and determines best solutions
- Adhere to all safety policies; includes wearing personal protective equipment when required
- Set up and operate CNC and Manual Toolroom Equipment to produce high quality precise tooling components and other piece parts
Development Toolmaker Preferred Requirements:
- Technical degree or equivalent machine tool experience
- 5 years building or maintaining precision tooling
- Advanced theory of cutting and forming, ability to troubleshoot by reading a progressive strip, and knowledge of the theory of cutting and forming in the stamping process
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints
Physical & Environmental Demands:
- Proficient in SolidWorks
- Progressive Tooling Experience
Cretex Companies use cutting oils, solvents, and other chemicals in the manufacturing process. Testing is conducted on a periodic basis to ensure that all chemicals are kept well below the OSHA permissible exposure levels.
View Full Job DescriptionMeier Benefits:
As a Cretex Medical company, Meier offers a full benefit package to its employees. Benefits include medical, dental, vision and life insurance options. Meier also offers a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match, profit sharing, short- and long-term disability insurance, paid time off and holiday pay. Meier also offers company specific benefits such as:
- Operational Excellence appreciation Lunches
- Volunteer Activities
- Training and Development Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Annual Flu Vaccination Clinics
- Wellness Program
Applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, family status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other protected status as required by law. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment and eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
This job has expired.