Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 55,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
- Critically review and utilize publicly available literature, databases of chemicals (e,g, ICE, ECHA), previously run animal studies, data from in vitro experiments (e.g. Tox21 / ToxCast) to predict and assess the health risk of consumer products or pharmaceuticals
- Explore available modeling platforms and predictive models (e.g., ICE, OPERA) for fit-for-purpose application of in vitro - in vivo extrapolation (IVIVE) to tobacco and nicotine products;
- Support preclinical (in vitro; in vivo) studies and projects, evaluate current hypotheses regarding the IVIVE relevance of the data, and utilize appropriate data for the development and validation of IVIVE models.
- Work closely with other preclinical and modeling leads and external consultants and establish IVIVE capability in support of product development and risk assessment
- Communicate complex computational approaches and methodology to non-computational scientists and stakeholders
- Conduct independent research and work as part of a cross functional team.
- Carry out literature reviews; assist with study designs and research proposals.
- Develop business driven research plans and carry out research projects
- Collect data; compile and analyze new and existing data; interpret data and form results and conclusions.
- Present research to client stakeholders.
- Prepare for and contribute to scientific engagement
- PhD (doctoral degree from an accredited university) in related scientific field such as Toxicology, Biology, Bioinformatics, or closely related field.
- Ability to initiate and work independently and as part of a team; self-motivated, adaptable to changes
- Ability to seek and learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, and comply with company policies
- Excellent communication (oral and written), attention to details and discipline to publish in time
- Hands-on experience in computational modelling and programming using R is highly desirable
- Experience with preclinical (in vitro; in vivo) toxicity testing is a plus
- Experience analyzing large data sets and interpreting results
- Experience reviewing and summarizing literature
- Detailed-oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong leadership, initiative, and teambuilding skills
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and presentation) along with demonstrated ability to collaborate with others.
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Authorization to work in the United States without restriction (H1B sponsorship is possible)
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Richmond, VA are encouraged to apply.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays