Transaction Advisory Services - Senior Manager (SALT Tax)
Los Angeles | Miami | Boston | New York | Chicago | Dallas | DC | Atlanta | Virtual
Our Transaction Advisory Services practice is team of professionals driven by a sense of excellence, integrity, commitment to lifelong learning, respect for one another, adaptability, and making a difference. We are one of the fastest-growing practices in the firm, with revenue growth of almost 300% in under 3 years
CohnReznick currently has an exciting career opportunity in the Transaction Advisory Services team located in one of our offices or the role can be Remote/Virtual. We are looking for a SALT Tax Senior Manager to join our team.
- Primarily, work with our Transaction Advisory Group on tax due diligence engagements covering investigation of SALT income and non-income tax compliance and potential exposures of acquisition targets.
- Draft tax diligence reports to communicate findings to clients.
- Collaborate on buy-side and sell side transaction structuring for SALT related issues.
- Identify opportunities for pre- or post-transaction SALT projects, including Voluntary Disclosure Agreement, nexus studies, and preparation of taxability matrices.
- Subject to availability based on volume of pending transaction engagements, coordinate with the core tax service delivery groups, with SALT team support, on presenting and implementing consulting opportunities including state tax return reviews, audit defense/controversy, nexus studies, apportionment reviews, restructurings, & merger/acquisition situations.
- Emphasis on daily SALT tax technical reading to help derive planning ideas to be marketed to clients & prospects
Your CR Advantage:
- 5 to 8 years of public accounting experience (at least 5 years in SALT consulting and/or compliance)
- CPA, CMI, or JD required
- Working proficiency in federal & state tax compliance
- Minimum of 4 years of state tax technical research skills (i.e. BNA Bloomberg, RIA Checkpoint, CCH) - CCH Intelliconnect preferred
- Prior involvement and working knowledge of state & local tax planning initiatives such as nexus studies, VDAs, restructurings, apportionment reviews, and M&A.
- Excellent communication and presentation (verbal and written) skills
- Business writing skills with at least 2 - 3 years of experience writing technical memorandums and client proposals
- At least 5 years of state tax compliance and consulting experience working C corporation, S corporation, and pass through entity clients
- Solid organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Interpersonal skills to be able to work well with peers & subordinates (delegation of project tasks). Ability to assist in the sales process and eventually evolve into a market facing role a definite plus.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401k Match
- Discretionary annual bonuses and spot bonuses
- Professional Development
- Designated L&D team
- Career Coach
- Resources of a national firm
www.cohnreznick.comConnect with us
CohnReznick is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, clients, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include background check and credit check
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at CRaccommodation@cohnreznick.com
Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
CohnReznick does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are currently engaged by CohnReznick Talent Acquisition Team by way of a written agreement to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that CohnReznick will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
#LI-AC1 #CB #LI-Remote
This job has expired.