Set up and operate all machines within the assigned area to produce quality parts. Maintain tolerance, dimensions, concentricity and surface finishes as specified on drawings and/or the sales order. Inspect work frequently according to sound machining practices and established procedures during and upon completion of machining operations to ensure quality parts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Job Requirements Education and Experience Requirements
- Select proper tools, tool holders, holding devices, etc. to assure proper setup and machine operation, center bars as required.
- Work from drawings, route sheets, specifications etc. to assure proper setup and machine operations.
- Use all micrometers and measuring instruments required to produce quality parts. Also, make any calculations required to setup and operate equipment properly.
- Inspect parts according to sound machining practices and established inspection procedures.
- Make minor adjustments to machine computer and/or tooling setup as required to assure product quality and safe operation of equipment (i.e. extra face pass or turn pass as required).
- Standard work-times will apply to all aspects of these parts from machining to final assembly. Operators will be held to standards per the union contract.
- Keep work area clean, orderly and maintain safe conduct. Empty all chip pans as needed or at end of shift. Clean and paint machines associated to maintain 5S requirements. Add lubricants and cutting oils as needed to all machines as required by TPM.
- Upon completion of operation, transfer product to next operation using available material handling equipment.
- Responsible for pulling own material from stock/storeroom to ensure proper workflow.
- Responsible for loading finished product and unloading all supplies, material, parts and equipment purchased from outside sources or products returned by customers.
- Cleaning, labeling and serialization to specification as required.
- Perform other duties as required to maintain a sound operation.
- It will be understood that the primary functions of the "C" and "D" classification will be a secondary function of the job classifications of "A" and "B".
- Participation in working towards the lean initiatives of the company.
Physical Demand and Work Environment:
- Shop Trade Knowledge/Education with a High School diploma or equivalent
- The basic knowledge or "scholastic content" essential as background or training preliminary to learning the job. (As an example: A CNC job would require an individual to have some CNC knowledge/education, while a non-CNC job would require an individual to have some machining knowledge/education.)
- The reading and comprehension of drawings/specifications and/or written instructions.
- Measuring Instruments
- The correct reading and recording of measuring instruments that are required in the job
- Shop Math
- The required mathematical abilities to perform the necessary functions of the job
- Knowledge of theory and Practice
- The basic understanding or knowledge of the required theory and practices needed to perform the job.
- Demonstrated Ability
- A level of demonstrated ability needed to be able to perform all of the above functions of the job.
Physical demands-standing, bending, reaching for extended periods of time. Lift up to 50lbs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has expired.