This job has expired.
Basic Job Functions:
BACKGROUND: Universal Industrial Gases (UIG) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nucor and a well-established, global engineer, constructor, supplier and operator of air separation units (ASU) and related equipment and services, based in Bethlehem, PA. UIG owns and operates production plants across the USA which supply both Nucor steel sites and also third-party clients 24/7 with tonnage quantities of oxygen, nitrogen and argon as well as exporting liquid cryogenic products by road tanker.
UIG is currently seeking a full-time field instrument and process controls technician (I/C) to oversee all aspects of instrument, controls, analytical and IT related equipment at new and existing UIGI/Nucor ASU's. Primary responsibilities will include supporting existing facilities and new projects.
Extensive travel is required within the UIG operations region as well as occasional trips to the corporate offices and vendor/customer facilities.
The responsibilities of the position for overall management of ASU site instrumentation, electrical (up to 480 vac) and controls activities across the operating region.
Specific Duties include management of:
• new and upgraded HMI and control systems,
• lifecycle management of all plant control systems,
• testing and calibration of key process data acquisition instruments, quality control equipment such as analyzers, flow totalizers, transmitters, and associated controls and instruments
• HMI/PLC and other SCADA systems,
• SFAT/FAT testing as required,
• I&E equipment measuring production rates and product quality parameters, on-stream performance, environmental KPI's, regulatory compliance
• Team member of the corporate Quality Control Unit (QCU)
Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!