Tyson Foods was named as One of America's Most JUST Companies for a 5th year! This is a reflection of the work we do to support our team members and the customers, consumers, and the communities we serve.
We invest in our team members and their success by providing resources like BENEFITS ON DAY ONE OF EMPLOYMENT and FREE EDUCATION!
Benefits effective on 1st day of employment include: medical/Rx, dental, and vision coverage; 9 paid holidays; earned time off; 401(k) with employer match; stock purchase program; and product purchase program. We also offer 1 week of vacation after 6 months, CAREER GROWTH,
and much more!
Whether you are seeking a job for right now or a career for forever - Tyson has what you are looking for! Tyson has a committed track record of promoting from within because we believe our Team Members can grow into the best leaders.
If you are looking to make an impact in a meaningful way, join us at Tyson Foods where we are raising the world's expectations for how much good food can do! We create quality products in a safe work environment.Waterloo KPR produces fully cooked, ready-to-eat products, and operates six days a week (Mon-Sat).
This job posting is for 1st shift and 2nd shift, working 4-6 days week. The rate of pay is $22.95/hour. This position is also eligible for overtime pay. Team members must be willing to work overtime and weekends, as needed. Job Responsibilities:
- Trains on and performs all jobs in Formulation (primarily) and Cook/Pack (the Utility Operator is a backup position to all the positions on the floor). Jobs include, but may not be limited to: Blender Control Operator, Work In Process Operator, Raw Product Flow Operator, Screw Cooker Operator, Forklift Operator, Machine Operator, Materials Handler Operator, Grinder Operator, and Mixer Operator.
- Responsible for covering breaks and absences in Formulation (primarily) and Cook/Pack.
- Coordinates team member work schedules with Production Supervisor.
- All team members are responsible for safety, including but not limited to, personal safety and food safety.
- Attend Monthly and Annual Required Training: Safety, HACCP, and HR topics. LOTO and PIT.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred
- Forklift experience preferred (training and certification is provided). Required to become forklift certified within 30 days of starting position.
- Requires working knowledge of basic computer skills to record information, as needed, in company computer system
- Experience with EIM Inventory Control and Plant.View preferred
- Ability to accurately perform math functions: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division
- Accountable to self and others
- Must have reliable transportation
- Ability to report to work on time and work full assigned schedule to meet job expectations
- Ability to work weekends, overtime, and holidays, as needed
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to all team members and management
- Ability to work professionally and respectfully with others while demonstrating positive interpersonal skills
- Ability to record information using company-provided forms and procedures
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to identify, act with a sense of urgency, and resolve problems/inconsistencies
- Requires standing, walking, bending, stooping, twisting, stretching, climbing, pushing, pulling, and reaching above, below, and at shoulder level
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull 60 lbs. below waist, at waist level, and above shoulder level
- Ability to work while standing or walking on hard floors for a period of up to 12 hours/day
- Ability to climb up and down stairs/ladders to get to/from work areas and to work at elevated levels and various heights and in confined spaces
- Ability to work in an environment where extreme temperatures range seasonally from hot/warm to cold/freezing, where conditions may be damp and/or wet, and concrete floors may be slippery in some areas
- Ability to flex/grip with wrists/hands and use tools (e.g., box knife, metal scraper)
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment (PPE), including hard hat, safety glasses, ear protection (plugs or muffs), hair net / beard guard, and steel-toed boots
To be considered for employment, you must provide your social security number at the end of the application under National ID# (after seeing "Congratulations").
Whether you are seeking a job for right now or a career for forever - Tyson has what you are looking for! Tyson has a committed track record of promoting from within because we believe our Team Members can grow into the best leaders. Relocation Assistance Eligible:
ALL SHIFTS (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off; 401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; and more.CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.