Location: Eden Prairie, MN
Our client is currently seeking a UX Research Manager.
Duration: Contract to Hire on W2/1099 basis
Location: Mostly remote, however some time in Eden Prairie, MN office will be needed.
As a User Experience (UX) Research Manager for the growing User Experience Design Studio team, you will report directly to the Research Director and supervise a team of 6 researchers. You will serve as an expert in usability engineering methods and HCI principles. Other responsibilities include identifying user needs and goals, designing and conducting research using a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods, and analyzing and reporting data gathered for company products.
- Work with portfolio leads and research staff to plan and coordinate the execution of research projects.
- Promote professional development of direct reports.
- Assist with developing research proposals and conducting research as appropriate.
- Ability to speak impromptu about research services to executives and other leadership members and teams.
- Leadership and strategic thinking to establish and promote new research processes, services, and initiatives
- Capacity for speaking at UX events.
- Ability to present and communicate to executive leadership.
- Design, conduct, analyze, and report data gathered from qualitative and quantitative research techniques including key-stroke level modeling (KLM), usability testing, contextual inquiry / field studies, surveys, interviews, heuristic evaluations, focus groups, card sorts, ethnography and persona development, and rapid iterative testing within an Agile environment.
- Bachelor's degree with a focus in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Psychology, Anthropology, Cognitive Science, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of research expertise.
- 2+ years of management experience.
- Experience with PC and Mac systems.
- Familiarity with a broad set of user research methods.
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a fluid organization.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to present complex concepts clearly and persuasively across diverse audiences at various levels of our organization.
- Proven ability to manage multiple research requests in a timely fashion, with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Experience with providing critical analysis of user experience designs based on heuristics and other accepted design principles.
- Ability to work autonomously and manage time effectively.
- Ability to work collaboratively with team and internal clients.
- Ability to receive and provide peer reviews of research artifacts.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience working with Agile methodology.
- Portfolio of past research projects including research roadmaps, research plans, report samples, etc. required.
- Master's degree or higher with a focus in social science, Human-Computer Interaction, cognitive psychology, or related discipline.
- Experience with enterprise software and the medical or healthcare domain.
- Professional experience working in a highly interactive development team.
- Experience conducting usability studies with assistive technologies.
- Experience in practical application of accessibility factors, per ADA Section 508 requirements and W3C WCAG guidelines.
- Eye tracking experience desirable.
- Involvement in the UX community (e.g., meet-ups, clubs, conferences).
- Proven ability managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of quantitative research methods and metrics.
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com