Visual Art Adjunct Instructor: 2D Materials and Concepts
St Augustine, FL
Jul 14, 2022
Course Description: An exploration of a variety of two-dimensional art and design practices through analysis, synthesis and experiential studio methods. Students completing this course should be able to:
1. Identify and apply formal principles of design in two-dimensional projects.
· Students will produce works that manipulate and apply formal design elements and their principles of organization, and apply basic principles of color theory.
2. Defend two-dimensional visual choices in relation to visual culture and the history of art.
· Students will research, apply, and describe visual choices as they relate to visual culture and art history.
3. Formulate concepts that apply traditional principles in a contemporary context.
· Students will visually apply semiotics and postmodern approaches in specific projects.
Flagler College provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other protected characteristic. In addition to federal law requirements, Flagler College complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the College has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Inquiries regarding discrimination on the basis of sex and gender may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, to the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights at the United States Department of Education Office for Civil Rights (OCR), or both. Contact information for the above referenced Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the College's Sexual Harassment Policy can be found here: www.flagler.edu/title-ix .
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!