General Motor's Digital Design Studio is looking for a highly creative visual designer with a passion for Brand story-telling and creating compelling Brand Visions within the digital design space. Our goal is to create amazing and innovative brand experiences that re-imagine how our customers will experience our products in the future.
The ideal candidate will have a broad aesthetic style, understand the process to design products at a high functional level, and deliver a unique aesthetic sensibility for our automotive brands. Ideally we are looking for an Industrial Designer with a passion for UX and digital design. Automotive Design experience preferred but not essential.
You will work with a multidisciplinary team of designers from the Branded Studios, Advanced Design and UI to synthesize brand design and functional needs into our next generation of in-vehicle user experiences.
This job is primarily onsite but there is some room for flexibility under our Work Appropriately model.
If this sounds like your next step, we'd love to hear from you! There has never been a more exciting time to join General Motors!
***Please note, you must submit a Portfolio to be considered for this position - See Instructions Below***
Additional Job DescriptionRequirements:
- Sophisticated graphic design sensitivity to set the tone for digital experience concepts
- Advanced communication design and or illustration artist background or equivalent
- Storytelling / Storyboarding
- Ability to work in 2D motion and build simple 3D models / animations is a plus
- Deliverables will include concept sketches, drawings, low-resolution prototypes, storyboards and any other medium you feel will be effective.
- Support Design critiques that will guide major design decisions.
- Collaborate closely with senior team members to craft a world-class user experience across all our products and platforms.
- Strategize with key partners to brainstorm and see opportunities.
- Act as the voice of design for the team and stakeholders alike.
- 2+ years' experience working within graphic design, industrial design, or UX interior product design.
- Experience in visual design principles and practices.
- Candidate must provide a strong portfolio with work samples showcasing visual design, interaction design, product design, creativity, and depth of thought.
- Ability to exercise strong design judgement.
- Ability to see differences and needs of GM brands as it relates to the customer experience
- Ability to communicate across a wide range of media. (3D, 2D, prototype, animation)
FOR GM INTERNAL CANDIDATES
- Strong digital rendering skill and prototyping through Adobe Suite
: This role is posted at both the 7th and 6th level. The determination by HR and the Hiring Manager as to whether an offer will be lateral or promotional will be based on a candidate's relevant experience and whether
the role will amount to a significant increase in level of responsibility.Portfolio submission instructions
To be considered for this position, you will need to submit a portfolio in addition to your resume and profile. You may include a link to your online portfolio in your resume or the "website" section of this application OR if your portfolio is not available online, please follow the instructions below to upload your portfolio as a separate attachment as you did with the resume.
Save your portfolio as a pdf document Name your portfolio your LAST NAME, FIRST NAME. Example: Candidate name is John Smith. Portfolio pdf file name is: Smith, John.pdf Upload as an attachment - you may have to condense the file.About GM
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.