The warehouse worker’s duties and responsibilities should be clearly detailed in the job description. Ideally, the job description should also provide a description of the warehouse, its functions and the warehouse worker’s expected role. Some responsibilities include:
- Routing Customer Orders and scheduling pickups.
- Take orders, process them through SMS system. Reading the customers routing guide, identify if the order should be shipped small parcel, LTL, Volume LTL or TL.
- Print out appropriate labels, call and schedule pickups. Ensure orders are built correctly, quantity and type of product.
- Scan labels for orders, generate packing slips and BOL. Have driver sign correct copies. Make sure driver has the correct paperwork and we have ours. Make sure packing slips are sent with load.
- Be able to scan and ship all small parcel orders, use FedEx/UPS computers when necessary to generate labels. Place packages in appropriate locations for pickup.
- Be able to use FedEx computers for foreign shipments (Canada, China, etc.) Produce appropriate customs paperwork.
- Guiding staff to get orders ready, helping to assign lift drivers work.
- Scan and record accurately interdepartmental shipments, total up items, scan paperwork and send to appropriate parties.
Competencies and Abilities
- Print Customer orders daily.
- Verify inventory and checkup coming production for shipping needs.
- Route orders following individual customer guidelines.
- Schedule pickups to meet customer cancel dates.
- Check in drivers and assign to dock door.
- Build orders, creating pick list and container labels.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Must be able to read and write English, (Bilingual a plus).
- Must be well organized and detail oriented.
- Must be a self-starter
- Must be able to multi task
- Must have Customer Service Skills and great Communication Skills
- Must be able to work flexible hours
- Must have basic math skills
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Intermediate Computer Skills
- Basic typing and 10 key calculator skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Work Environment
Office environment is a controlled atmosphere building, as well as a manufacturing environment exposed to dust, odors, and noise.
This job has expired.