Production Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Take Your Production Skills to the Next Level with Readerlink!
We offer the right candidate a highly competitive hourly rate and much more...
- Health, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance - 1 st day of Employment
- Paid Time Off after 30 days of employment
- Vision Insurance
- 401K Matching after 90 days of employment
- Employee Discounts
- Referral Program
- Climate controlled work environment
Benefits Start when you start!
Ask about our Holiday Attendance Incentive Program! What you will do...
What we require...
- Organize and control the department's over-all operations .
- Plan out department resources and activities in relation to company objectives , setting targets and achievingcost per unit goals
- Make plans to develop staff of warehouse by inter/on-job training
- Follow up and control daily attendance
- Maintain housekeeping of department and surrounding area
- Implement cost reduction principles in all aspects of department transactions and activities.
- Promote constant motivation among staff to strive for an efficient and effective department
- Oversee the respective department to include establishing and monitoring standards, maintaining compliance with SOPs and developing employees' performance .
- Enhance subordinates' well - being and capability through training and give opportunities for promotion
- Always research to improve department operations according to company's objectives
- Communicate with other departments and team leaders on a daily basis
- Ensure quality objectives are met .
- Respond to internal customer communication via e-mail, fax, and telephone
- Plan staffing requirements
- Produce regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Maintain standards of safety and security in the department and
- Ensure compliance with company and facility policies
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change atany time with or without notice.
- Knowledge of warehousing and distribution practices
- Working closely with the other department heads to assure proper staffing i s always i n place to handle theworkload as needed
- Familiarity with computer systems and warehouse management system .
- Must be able to shift priorities easily
- Recommends and assists in the implementation of goals and objectives
- Other duties may be ass i gned, directed or requested
If you are interested in being part of our exceptional team, apply now!
- Bachelor's degree in business management OR equivalent and 2-3 years previous experience in distribution , logistics, operations planning and/or facility supervision and management
- Experience supervising, coaching and developing staff is required
- Exposure to leg and feet fatigue due to 90% of management's time i n warehouse floor supervision .
- Manual dexterity required
- Ability to speak with all levels of the organization
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions , and procedure manuals
- Be able to write and speak fluently in English
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with lO's and lOO's
- Must be proficient in mathematics
- Must possess solid judgment and strong decision making skills to independently manage this fast paced customer service driven
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job .
- The work performed is in a warehouse environment .
- The employee is frequently exposed to vibrations and dust and will be working around moving machinery
- The noise level i n the work environment is usually moderate at low decibels
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, team env ironment
ReaderLink is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
This job has expired.