This job involves coordinating updates and postings to the Nebraska Department of Revenue (DOR) intranet and website and sending notifications to interested parties. Under limited supervision, responsible for analysis and design of new and revised tax forms and published tax guidance for DOR.
This is professional work involving graphic design, creativity using Adobe software, and website software Drupal.
Location: Nebraska State Office Building - 2nd Floor, 301 Centennial Mall South, Lincoln
This is a temporary assignment expected to last until 6/30/2023
Examples of Work
1. Regularly posts new and updated information on the DOR website and intranet.
2. Reviews, revises and/or eliminates obsolete, unnecessary, or duplicative forms, guidance, and other documents from the website or intranet.
3. Creates, updates, and initiates reviews of forms, agency guidance, regulations, standard letters and inserted explanations at the request of an originator or periodically as required by agency procedures. Obtains information from originators and managers regarding the purpose, design, layout and composition and analysis of agency forms, other documents and items that are posted on the website.
4. Establishes and maintains methods and uniform procedures for applying DOR Standards, management style practices, and control criteria to all forms, guidance, GovDelivery notices and other website items.
5. Establishes and maintains methods and uniform procedures for applying DOR Standards, management style practices, and control criteria to policies, procedures and other items posted on the DOR intranet.
6. Assists in establishing and enforcing agency procedures to meet agency deadlines for review and finalizing agency documents.
7. Monitors and updates FICS, JTrac, and Policy tracking.
8. Prepares written specifications as may be required for forms, agency guidance and other documents to be printed and in house electronic or commercial electronic submissions.
9. Works with Nebraska Interactive to maintain and improve DOR's website presentation and navigation.
10. Maintains records and forms data to facilitate the periodic evaluation and analyzation of the forms management program.
11. Prepares artwork for publications, charts, graphs, forms, and guidance.
Qualifications / Requirements
REQUIREMENTS: at least one year of post high school coursework or experience in: administration, office management, accounting, finance, planning, policy analysis and implementation, administrative/management analysis, operations research, program evaluation, research, or similar fields or in a field related to the programs or functions of DOR.
PREFERRED: post high school coursework or experience in Adobe document software In Design, Acrobat Pro, Dreamweaver and PhotoShop, and website software Drupal. Also prefer experience in graphic arts.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of: graphic functions and various art processes; forms design principles, Adobe software, and equipment. The following can be acquired while on the job, however, they are still needed to perform the work; knowledge of policies, procedures and form standards for DOR; various reprographic processes; forms design principles and equipment; graphic functions; Nebraska state governmental functions; and organization and information requirements.
Ability to: produce original ideas; understand and interpret oral and written instructions, policies and guidelines; maintain accurate records; interpret, analyze and organize oral and written information; exchange information and establish and maintain work relationships. The following can be acquired while on the job, however, they are still needed to perform the work; ability to communicate both orally and in writing with others; formulate original ideas concerning forms design; develop and write forms specifications; work with a wide range of people from agency specialists to administrators.