About us: Since 1962, Southern Industrial and Southern Crane has helped install and maintain the manufacturing and industrial base that has fueled growth across the Southeast.
We have grown from a Carolinas-based crane and rigging company into the leading provider of operated crane services, rigging services, turn-key industrial construction and plant maintenance services in the Southeast.
As part of EMCOR Group, Southern Industrial and Southern Crane's ability to serve our customers is enhanced by EMCOR's financial strength and national presence.
Southern Industrial is looking for a Welder / Fabricator for a maintenance site in Batesville, MS. This is a local, 40 hour per week position that does not offer per diem.
Responsible for fabricating and assembling pieces of metal and repairing damage in metal components. Duties include cutting, shaping, fitting and joining metal; fabricating and repairing metal and other weldable material. The work may include shop fabrication, field demo and installation, field runs and repairs, and performing field welds on equipment.
- Perform welding and fabricating functions to include shop fabrication, field demo and installation, field runs and repairs, and field welds on equipment in various locations and positions.
- Lay out and fabricate jigs, carts, tables, and various hardware for plant operations.
- Work includes set-up and lay out of work using jigs/fixtures or hand layouts to fabricate parts and/or rework finished products, utilizing various types of materials to include stainless and carbon.
- Knowledge of various welding techniques, including TIG, MIG, arc, and oxy-fuel welding.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with welding equipment such as torches, torch tips, filler rods, flux, hoses, valves, and gas cylinders.
- Set up and operate welders, drill press, band saw, oxy-acetylene torch, plasma cutters, hand power tools, and other hand tools related to the job needs.
- Use and operate hand and power tools such as electric saws, drills, drivers, wrenches, and other power and hand tools as needed in a safe, efficient manner.
- Inspect and maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety.
- Willingness to cross-train and perform the work of other job tasks in addition to the primary assigned position.
- Support other maintenance employees as directed by Supervisor or Manager.
- Detect, recognize and respond appropriately to dangerous conditions or situations.
- Analyze and resolve work problems.
- Complete all Safety and general job training as required by SIC.
- Observe SIC and Customer safety and quality processes and procedures at all times.
- Have thorough knowledge of the occupation hazards and corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance of maintenance duties.
- Perform safety inspections of work area, equipment and tools to ensure compliance with government regulations, customer requirements, and SIC's safety program.
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized working environment.
- Perform other job duties as assigned by Supervisor or Manager.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/DisabledNotice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.
- Must have the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Skilled in both written and verbal communication.
- Familiar with a variety of welder concepts, practices, and procedures.
- May be required to get certification in operation of overhead cranes, forklifts, and man lifts.
- May be required to work from heights and in confined spaces.
- Able to weld components as specified by layouts, engineering drawings, work orders, or verbal instructions.
- Able to understand welding symbols and diagrams, read blueprints, and/or other printed instructional material in the welding of products or parts.