Job Title: Welder -nights - Part Time
Manager Title: Supervisor - Nights
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Are you looking for some flexible work days and hours? We are seeking a part-time, First Shift Welder to work two to three days per week, with a maximum of 29 hours per week. You choose your work schedule by setting with the hiring manager which days/hours you will work Monday - Friday between 5:30a - 4:00p.
Fecon LLC is a forestry equipment manufacturer located in Lebanon, Ohio near the Kings Island Amusement Park. FECON is known for having high quality products and a team culture - and we are growing! We design, build, test, sell and service our equipment consisting of products such as our well-known "Bull Hog", the Stump Ex, other attachments and high-quality tractors of varying horsepower. We offer competitive wages, full health care benefits and a continuous learning culture for those who want to grow with the company.
Welds and assembles metal pieces and products by using handheld welding equipment. Sets up parts for welding; uses hand tools, clamps, jigs and fixtures. Works from specifications, drawings and weld symbols. Prepares and completes work on materials by welding, cutting, grinding and cleaning metal.
- Follows all FECON safety programs and requirements.
- Adheres to production schedule.
- Reads, assembles, and welds from blueprints.
- Prepares, assembles, and tacks weld parts and surfaces to be welded.
- Monitors the welding, burning, and fitting process to ensure parts are not overheated or damaged by warping, distortion, expansion, or shrinkage.
- GMAW/MIG Spray Transfer welding. Settings up to 250 Amp, 32 Volt, 400 IPM wire speed.
- 1G, 2G and 3G welding daily.
- Uses .045 - .052 metal core wire using 90/10 gas.
- Grinds and wire wheels product to clean smooth surfaces for painting.
- Inspects final products to print for quality assurance.
- Tags all final products for identification.
- Maintains, organizes, and cleans equipment and the work area.
- Operates overhead and jib style crane.
- Operates a forklift.
- Notifies supervisor when faulty equipment or defective materials are discovered.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Training and experience in GMAW/MIG and FCAW welding is required.
- Thorough understanding of machines and tools used in welding.
- Ability to read weld symbols and follow blueprints.
- Excellent ability to read and listen to assignments given in a variety of forms.
- Basic understanding of mathematics as related to welding assignments.
- Must be able to weld components that are vertical, flat, or overhead.
- Must have enough manual dexterity and stability as required for precision work.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years solid welding experience required.
Benefit and Company Information:
- Ability to safely use and lift equipment weighing 50 pounds.
- Ability to work standing up to 10 hours per day.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This job has expired.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401k Participation
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Vacation and Paid Holidays
- Education Assistance
- Compensation based on experience
- This position is hourly, non-exempt.