In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 55,000 staff across a network of more than 1000 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialized clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Eurofins TestAmerica is searching for an Analyst I Wet Chemistry in University Park, IL.
The Analyst I prepares and analyzes environmental samples using standard analytical techniques according to scientific and EPA methodology in compliance with Eurofins TestAmerica's Quality Assurance programs and SOP's.
Analyst I responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Applies GMP/GLP in all areas of responsibility, as appropriate
- Performs routine lab tasks that provide experience and familiarization with methods, practices, and programs. These include:
- Preparation of samples using standard techniques
- Performing chemical analysis using standard techniques
- Calculating data
- Recording and reporting data and any unusual test occurrences to the supervisor
- Performing routine instrument maintenance
- Responsible for performing job functions in compliance with Eurofins TestAmerica's EHS and QA standards
- Responsible for general housekeeping in his/her work area
- Ability to become trained and competent on complex instrumentation including but not limited to gas chromatography, gas chromatography/mass spectrometry, atomic absorption, ICP, and instrument specific data systems.
- Works under close supervision using routine and standard methods
- Aliquots and weighs samples
- Washes glassware
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Performs other duties as assigned
We currently have 3 shifts open for this role, all with overtime as needed.
- Ability to use calculator/mathematical formulas and concepts
- Ability to complete work within time and quality constraints
- Can work independently following written or verbal instructions
- Cooperate and coordinate both orally and in writing
- Able to follow and learn appropriate protocols in one or more of the following disciplines:
- Organic preparation
- Metals preparation and analysis
- Gas Chromatography
- Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry
- Radio Chemistry
- Wet Chemistry
- High Resolution preparation and analysis
- Low Resolution preparation and analysis
Sunday-Thursday 7:00 am to 3:30 pm
Tuesday-Saturday 7:00 am to 3:30 pm
Monday-Friday 4:00 pm to 12:30 am
Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of University Park, IL are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website
www.eurofinsus.com.QualificationsBasic Minimum Qualifications:
Additional InformationEurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
- BS or BA in chemistry or related field; 3 years laboratory experience may substitute for degree.
- Laboratory experience is a plus
- Previous production-oriented work helpful (awareness and ability to meet deadlines)
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship