This Service Desk Administrator position within the Service Desk team will be responsible for providing end user (i.e. employees) technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware for both on-site and work from home (WFH) users. This position will provide level 2 and level 3 technical support for clients in person and remotely, close Help Desk tickets within the required time frame, prioritize support tickets while maintaining a high level of customer service, maintain hardware inventory for all sites in the assigned region, and work with internal teams and vendors on projects such as equipment refresh and new technology deployment. The position will work to improve workflows and help automate timely task work to help the team perform effectively.
This role will initially be in the office 5 days a week, but ultimately will be in 4 days a week and working remotely one day.
Technical and End-User Support (80% of time):
Compliance and Audit (10% of time):
- Troubleshooting, updating and closure of tickets that are escalated to the team.
- Testing, review and deployment of desktop security patches, virus definitions, and other security related updates
- Diagnose hardware, software, and operator problems and take appropriate remedial actions and document installation and configuration procedures.
- Record equipment upgrades and swap-outs to ensure the accuracy of the company's computer equipment inventory.
- Conduct task automations/scripting and support using power shell environment.
- Administering Exchange online and other SaaS product offerings.
- Recommend necessary hardware and software solutions in response to business requirements and within budgetary contractions.
- Provide Meeting and Conference room assistance and setup.
- Work closely with the IT engineering team in transitioning new systems or upgrades to the production environment.
- Develop and document best practices, processes, and procedures related to all aspects of desktop environment, software distribution, and desktop management.
- Document installation and configuration procedures for supported systems and applications.
- Test and distribute new or upgraded applications and operating systems.
- Configure and test workstations, laptops, and any necessary peripherals.
- Mac Operating System and Jamf management platform experience.
- Advanced Reporting of the windows SCCM environment to track and report on the health of the Carlyle end-Client.
Hardware & Software Asset Management (10% of time):
- Ensure IT Operations complies with all the IT defined policies and procedures.
- Follow company policies and procedures for SLA's
- Act as an owner and raise any procedural concerns that may violate compliance and security policy.
QualificationsEducation & Certificates
- Ensure all systems are managed and tracked in the asset management system.
- Assist in testing and evaluating new hardware or software applications as upgrades or enhancements to the production environment.
- Help develop and drive team process to ensure we are meeting proper hardware lifecycle management.
- Bachelor's degree in technology or equivalent years of relevant IT work experience, required
- Microsoft Certified or Comptia (Network+ and Security) certifications preferred
Competencies & Attributes
- 5+ years' experience working with servers and workstations in a Windows Operating System platform, required
- Proven experience troubleshooting network and PC hardware and software in a mixed Windows network environment.
- VPN and network connectivity troubleshooting (TCP/IP, OSI Model)
- Cisco Meraki experience preferred
- Experience in working with senior clients and delivering high level customer service.
- In depth knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office and Windows. Familiarity with Mac OS and iOS.
- Strong working knowledge of software and image distribution tools such as Microsoft SCCM
- Proven ability to complete tasks independently and under pressure.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Active Directory, Azure, Intune, O365 administration and Online Exchange.
- Must have working knowledge of PowerShell and creating PS scripts.
- Must be comfortable working independently as well as interacting effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively with 3rd party vendors and partnerships to ensure Carlyle's expectations are being met.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Work regular hours, plus ability to be on call and to work off-hours to address problems and complete projects.
- Rotational Weekend on call support.
- Some travel may be needed.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Products.
- Demonstrated experience imaging and managing windows workstation images to standardize software across Carlyle hardware.
- Operates with the necessary sense of urgency and discretion based on the clientele.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Understanding of network design theories
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills in a large Enterprise multi-vendor environment
- Prior knowledge of best practices regarding network deployments for our venues, offices, and client locations. (Preferred)
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in complex, high pressure situations.
- Demonstrated proficiency with desktops, laptops, iPads, iPhones.
- Demonstrated proficiency of video conferencing technologies Zoom, Webex, and other meeting platforms.
- Good understanding of Camera exposure and video lighting.
- Proven ability to complete tasks independently and under pressure.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate with individuals of various levels of technical knowledge.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment and respond efficiently to changing priorities especially under pressure.
- Ability to communicate with users having a wide variety of computer skills and assess the criticality of problems and prioritize accordingly to ensure that the most important problems are resolved promptly.
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to follow up and follow through.
- Good attitude, positive, and willing to learn. Operates with the necessary sense of urgency and discretion based on the clientele.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must present a professional manner and be comfortable supporting all staff, including senior executives.
Due to the high volume of candidates, please be advised that only candidates selected to interview will be contacted by The Carlyle Group. Company Information
The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ: CG) is a global investment firm with $382 billion of assets under management and more than half of the AUM managed by women, across 600 investment vehicles as of September 30, 2023. Founded in 1987 in Washington, DC, Carlyle has grown into one of the world's largest and most successful investment firms, with more than 2,200 professionals operating in 28 offices in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. Carlyle places an emphasis on development, retention and inclusion as supported by our internal processes and seven Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). Carlyle's purpose is to invest wisely and create value on behalf of its investors, which range from public and private pension funds to wealthy individuals and families to sovereign wealth funds, unions and corporations. Carlyle invests across three segments - Global Private Equity, Global Credit and Investment Solutions - and has expertise in various industries, including: aerospace, defense & government services, consumer & retail, energy, financial services, healthcare, industrial, real estate, technology & business services, telecommunications & media and transportation.
At Carlyle, we know that diverse teams perform better, so we seek to create a community where we continually exchange insights, embrace different perspectives and leverage diversity as a competitive advantage. That is why we are committed to growing and cultivating teams that include people with a variety of perspectives, people who provide unique lenses through which to view potential deals, support and run our business.
This job has expired.