8 Hr Morning - Afternoon
Northeast Georgia Health System is rooted in a foundation of improving the health of our communities.
About the Role:
Performs intermediate level clerical work for department under general supervision which may include: general office functions, basic correspondence, filing, data entry, answering phone calls, managing appointments, creating reports, editing or proofing documents or outgoing communication. Main front desk reception for Hospice department. Provides support to other admin positions as needed.
Minimum Job Qualifications
Preferred Job Qualifications
Licensure or other certifications:
Educational Requirements: High School Diploma
Minimum Experience: Two (2) - five (5) years clerical experience, good typing skills (45-60 wpm) and Microsoft computer knowledge
Job Specific and Unique Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Preferred Licensure or other certifications:
Preferred Educational Requirements:
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
- Good people and communication skills
- Good typing skills
- Excellent computer knowledge; including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other systems
- Good sense of organizational skills
- Presents a positive image and voice of the organization through interactions with patients, visitors, and employees
- Answer phone calls and provide information to patients, family members and physicians. Provides direction and correctly answers questions from patients, families or visitors regarding hospice policy/procedures. Abides by the policies of the Medical Center regarding the release of information.
- Notifies staff members of phone calls in a timely manner and follows up to ensure receipt of the message.
- Maintains department contact list and office extensions to ensure accuracy for department distribution.
- Orders and organizes kitchen and office supplies, department forms, business cards, medical and cleaning supplies for the department.
- Responsible for timely filing of documents, expense reports and invoices as directed.
- Assists in documenting on appropriate forms and processing Accounts Payable documents in a timely manner, as requested.
- Coordinates physician bereavement cards for the appropriate physicians upon request.
- Responsible for entering all department work order requests into appropriate system for building maintenance needs, office moves, etc. and is the point of contact for the Plant Operations department.
- Maintains and updates the on-call logbook according to hospice policies and procedures.
- Actively updates the security alarm by adding and removing employees as needed.
- Processes various letters for patients, families, physicians, staff members, etc. as requested.
- Prepares agendas (IDT), take notes, and distribute meeting minutes as needed; supports Administration Assistant.
- Assists in taking Staff Meeting Minutes as required.
- Tracks donations to the Sunshine account, submits donations to Foundation office, and logs usage of funds in department Sunshine account.
- Responsible for processing donated funds requests and maintains log records for all restricted funds requests.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
Working at NGHS means being part of something special: a team invested in you as a person, an employee, and in helping you reach your goals. NGHS: Opportunities start here.
Weight Lifted: Up to 50 lbs, Occasionally 0-30% of time
Weight Carried: Up to 20 lbs, Occasionally 0-30% of time
Vision: Moderate, Frequently 31-65% of time
Kneeling/Stooping/Bending: Occasionally 0-30%
Standing/Walking: Occasionally 0-30%
Pushing/Pulling: Occasionally 0-30%
Intensity of Work: Occasionally 0-30%
Job Requires: Reading, Writing, Reasoning, Talking, Keyboarding
Northeast Georgia Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.