Job Description - Bartender
a. Safety, including universal precautions and safe work practices, established fire/safety/disaster plans, risk management, and security, report and/or correct unsafe working conditions, equipment repair and maintenance needs.
b. Confidentiality of all data, including guest, employee and operations data.
c. Quality Assurance and compliance with all regulatory requirements.
d. Compliance with current law and policy to provide a work environment free from sexual harassment and all illegal and discriminatory behavior.
4. Supports and participates in common teamwork:
a. Cooperates and works together with all co-workers; plan and complete job duties with minimal supervisory direction, including appropriate judgment.
b. Uses tactful, appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations.
c. Follows up as appropriate with supervisor, co-workers or guests regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns.
d. Promotes positive public relations with guests and employees.
e. Completes requirements for in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and dress codes including personal hygiene, and other work duties as assigned.
Essential Functions: (Include the following. Other job related duties may be assigned.)
• Maintain and strictly abide by state sanitation/health regulations and hotel requirements.
• Be available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, holidays, and varied shifts, as required to meet the needs of the Company's business operations.
• Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; use equipment and tools only as intended, properly and safely.
• Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental/hotel policies and procedures.
• Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections available in the assigned outlet.
• Maintain knowledge of the particular characteristics and description of every wine/champagne by the glass and major wines on the wine list.
• Maintain complete knowledge of designated glassware, ingredients, preparation method and garnishes for each drink.
• Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
• Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, room capacity, hours of operation, menus, price range and dress code of assigned outlet.
• Maintain complete knowledge of P.O.S. and manual systems.
• Obtain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted monies. Keep bank secure at all times.
• Complete opening side duties.
• Greet guests and take their orders (food and beverage). Prepare all drink orders for guests according to outlet recipes.
• Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of bartop, tables, service areas and outlet itself.
• Ensure maximum usage of all supplies to attain budgeted beverage cost and to prevent waste.
• Complete closing side duties.
• Assist with weekly/monthly inventories.
Take orders, prepare and serve alcoholic, non-alcoholic beverages and light meals to guests, courteously and efficiently according to hotel specifications. Maintain stock/supplies and cleanliness of outlet and equipment.
• Minimum of 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
• Minimum one year experience as a Bartender or Barback.
• Food handling certificate.
• Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
• Ability to provide legible communication.
• Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
• High school graduate, some college.
• Certification in alcohol awareness program.
• Fluency in a second language, preferable Spanish.
• Previous guest relations and/or training.
• Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
• Ability to endure abundant physical movements in carrying out job duties.
• Ability to understand guests' service needs.
• Ability to access and input information into P.O.S. system.
• Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration and think clearly when preparing drinks and providing service to multiple guests within any given period of time.
• Ability to exercise good judgments in determining potentially intoxicated guests.
• Ability to work with all products and ingredients involved.
*By registering with our site, you agree to our