- Praxair Surface Technologies, Inc. (PST), a subsidiary of Linde, Inc, a global industrial gas company, offers a comprehensive array of high-performance coatings and technologies to the aviation, energy and other industries. By continuously advancing coatings technologies, PST helps customers improve environmental performance, decrease energy consumption, extend component life, improve productivity, minimize downtime, reduce operating costs and produce high-quality products. Additional information about PST is available at .
Performs the operations needed to prepare parts for slurry coating applications. Maintains the highest quality and safety standards by following Praxair Standard Practices and Technical plans in all aspects of this job.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews technical plan requirements for all task, including proper equipment settings and detailed part masking requirements.
- Set up, complete preventative maintenance, and observe required pressure, media size and stand off requirements while completing sand blasting operations.
- Read masking prints and apply tape, hard tooling, plugs, and stick on masking to parts as required.
- Manually loads parts onto racking system for ovens.
- Adjust ovens to proper curing temperatures and operate correct curing times.
- Completes traveler form indicating part number, part quantity, oven #, soak time and temperature.
- Completes set-up procedures for equipment used as required by technical plans.
- Other Duties Assigned
Quality responsibilities are contained in Praxair QSP's requirements and other Praxair quality documentation. Follows all relevant quality procedures contained in Praxair Quality System procedures, Standard Practices, Technical Plans, and Repair Station manuals. Other Duties:
Maintains clean and hazard free work area. Performs light maintenance and preventative maintenance on equipment. Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or Equivalent.Skills:
Must be able to read and understand instructions and technical specifications. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure. Physical Requirements:
Capable of lifting up to 40#'s, Frequent standing, walking, bending, reaching, hand and finger manipulation. Occasional stooping, crouching. Climbing stairs and ladders. PPE: Safety Glasses, gloves, ear protection when required, safety shoes. Requirements and recommendations are contained in Praxair Standard Practices and JSA's.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
PST is a supplier which abides by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). As such, persons considered for this position must be either a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder) or otherwise classifiable as a U.S. person under relevant ITAR regulations.
Access to export controlled technology/technical data and/or items required to perform this Position are subject to the laws of the United States (including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations ("EAR"), 15 C.F.R. Parts 730-799, and/or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations ("ITAR"), 22 C.F.R. Part 120-130) and the company's export control procedures, pursuant to which the release of such technology/technical data and/or items to anyone other than a U.S. Person* may be considered an export to the person's home country and may require authorization from the U.S. Government. Thus, additional information in this regard may be required from applicants for this Position. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
*Pursuant to the EAR and the ITAR, a U.S. Person includes any individual who is granted U.S. citizenship, any individual who is granted U.S. permanent residence (i.e., a "green card" holder), or any individual who is granted political asylum or other protected status under applicable law.
This job has expired.