A great opportunity to be part of Zoetis to work with early R&D labs developing treatments and diagnostics for diseases in companion animals and livestock. The Global Companion Animal Biomarker Operations Specialist works collaboratively with Biomarker Scientists across therapeutic area teams to execute and operationalize biomarker strategies spanning early to late-stage drug development. The Operations Specialist acts as an important individual contributor to the Global Companion Animal Translational Biomarker team. In this position you will be accountable for sample logistics, analysis requests, and data delivery activities to ensure timely and efficient operational logistics for the biomarker team. The successful candidate will closely collaborate with biomarker leads, internal in vivo research labs, clinical trial operations, data management, biospecimen sample logistics, biomarker data scientists, and external laboratory vendors/CROs.
- Operational implementation of biomarker strategy in laboratory and clinical studies to meet program goals
- Responsible for the coordination and chain of custody of biomarker specimens and will maintain best practices in biospecimen sample management according to analytical plans
- Manages multiple biomarker analytical plans by facilitating sample shipments, analysis requests, and data wrangling
- Works closely with internal partners such as digital biologists, data management, and central technical operations to establish appropriate metadata collection and sample tracking
- Contributes to document management by facilitating draft reviews of study protocols, reports, analytical plans, etc., and prepares documents to be signature ready
- BS in Biology or related field with 7+ years of experience in clinical development, diagnostics, and/or Pharmaceutical/Biotech R&D (or the equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Knowledge and understanding of general scientific principles as applied to research, development, and implementation
- Knowledge of Good Clinical Practices, clinical study design and implementation is a plus but not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organization skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience managing large data sets is preferred.
Please note: This position is for a fixed term of 2 years.
Fixed Term/Temporary (Fixed Term)
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Zoetis from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Zoetis mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Zoetis employees, or to Zoetis resume database will be considered Zoetis property. Zoetis will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Zoetis will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an approved/engaged vendor but does not have the appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at email@example.com to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.
This job has expired.