GREAT PEOPLE | GREAT BENEFITS | JOIN OUR ALL-STAR TEAM!
Café Attendant - $15.00/hour
The Big Sur Lodge, managed by Guest Services, is now hiring Café Attendantsas we prepare to reopen our food and beverage operations this spring.Candidates must be highly customer service oriented and be willing to work aflexible schedule to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
Nestled deep in the mighty redwood forest of Pfeiffer Big SurState Park, Big Sur Lodge has long been a haven for writers, artists, seekersof beauty, and weary travelers in search of the peace and majesty that theancient redwoods bestow on body and soul. Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park is oftencalled "mini-Yosemite" for its natural splendors. With the rugged centralCalifornia Pacific coastline to the west and the dramatic Santa Lucia mountainrange to the east, Big Sur Lodge offers a rejuvenating escape from the hecticpace of everyday life.
Join our amazing team at the Big Sur Lodge, which is well knownfor its exquisite beauty, dramatic vistas, and temperate climates. We worktogether every day to provide an amazing experience for our guests and teammembers alike!
This position pays $15.00/hour + tips. We have both Seasonal and Regularopportunities available!
Our team members enjoy amazing benefits such as*:
- Low cost, dorm style housing available for non-local team members/a generous commuting stipend for local team members
- Employer provided meals
- Free parking
- Discounts in our retail shop and restaurant
- Discounts on lodging (based on availability)
- Complimentary camping opportunities
- Health insurance options
- 401K savings plan
- Paid time off
- Employee discounts at recreational and lodging facilities nationwide
- And more!
*Benefits may vary depending on employment type
We also encourage our team members to take advantage of theproperty! Whether you enjoy a slow morning walk or prefer a vigorous hikethrough the numerous footpaths of this breathtaking 1,006-acre state park,you'll be welcomed by some of the most scenic wonders our country has to offer.
Apply today to join our All-star team!JOB SUMMARY
The Cafe Attendant is responsible for assisting in all areas of customer service. The Cafe Attendant is involved in most aspects of day to day operations, such as inventory, sales, cash handling, sales reconciliation, line service, etc., while maintaining a high level of customer service at all times; and must be cross-trained in areas related to cashier, cook, line server, and general utility.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Take orders from customers and cook foods requiring short preparation times, according to customer requirements.
- Perform food preparation tasks, such as making sandwiches, carving meats, making soups or salads, baking breads or desserts, and brewing coffee or tea.
- Responsible for setting up, restocking, and breaking down of the food preparation equipment, work areas, and counters or tables.
- Restock kitchen supplies and rotate food.
- Accept payments and issue receipts, refunds, credit, or change due to customers accurately as necessary.
- Maintain clean and orderly cash station area; stock and maintain cash station area with various supplies and products.
- May be assigned to other duties as required by the Shift Supervisor or Manager(s).
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. preferred.
- Work is assigned orally and in written form; individual must be able to interpret menus and recipes, and be able to follow directions
- Good visual and communication skills
- Ability to record information to the culinary production sheets
- Knowledge of industry standards regarding sanitation
- Willing to be cross-trained in other areas of the work place
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Ability to climb steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and cooking areas.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced kitchen.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Standard commercial cooking machinery and utensils.
- Cash register
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
This job has expired.