Claims Specialist I
Everest Insurance Company
Everest is a leading global reinsurance and insurance provider, operating for nearly 50 years through subsidiaries in the Europe, Bermuda, Canada, Singapore, US, and other territories. Our strengths include extensive product and distribution capabilities, a strong balance sheet, and an innovative culture. Throughout our history, Everest has maintained its discipline and focuses on creating long-term value through underwriting excellence and strong risk and capital management. But the most critical asset in this organization is our people.
At Everest, we are committed to the development of our people. We offer dynamic training & professional development to our employees. You will benefit from career development and learning opportunities that will let you set career goals and fulfill them, including:
• Generous tuition/continuing education reimbursement
• Mentoring opportunities
• Flexible work arrangements
• Talent development initiatives
• Networking groups
Everest Insurance, a member of Everest Group, Ltd., has an opportunity for a Claims professional to join our Commercial General Liability and Commercial Auto Fast Track Claims team. This individual should possess the ability to handle Commercial General Liability Claims and Commercial Auto claims in a high paced environment. The candidate will analyze basic insurance coverage issues, liability and damage exposures and resolve claims according to certain Best Practices and within stated authority limits. This position will report to an AVP of Casualty Claims.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review and analyze coverage and prepare appropriate coverage position letters
- Investigation, analysis, and evaluation of assigned claims, including Collision, Auto and General Liability Property Damage and Bodily Injury, Med Pay and PIP if applicable
- Extensive communication with insureds, brokers, reinsurers, actuaries, and business unit contacts
- Attend client meetings and industry functions to support retention and development of client relationships and business
- Effectively manage a portfolio of claims while maintaining a current diary
- Management and direction of outside counsel as well as the review and approval of legal and/or expense budgets and bills
- Preparation of case summary reports related to matters of significant reserve activity
- Timely and appropriate setting of claim reserves
- Development and execution of claim strategies as well as resolution strategies
- Negotiation and resolution of claims
- Ensure effective claims processing, expense management and claims disposition
- Participate in mediations
- Identify issues and trends in the portfolio and elevation of same to senior management; communicating trends to underwriters, insureds and brokers
Work Experience & Qualifications:
- A minimum of 2-4years of claims experience in Commercial General Liability and/or Auto claims
- Current, working knowledge of jurisdictional laws and regulations
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong negotiation and investigation skills
- Basic understanding of MCS 90 regulations
- Ability to evaluate coverage issues involving a wide variety of loss scenarios
- Ability to think strategically
- Currently holds or readily can obtain all required Adjuster Licenses
- Knowledge of the insurance industry, claims and the legal and regulatory environment
- Knowledge of claims handling or insurance legal statutes and procedures
- Ability to identify and use relevant data and metrics to best manage claims
- Ability to and willingness to present to management and other group settings
- Ability to influence others and resolve disputed claims
- • Minimal travel may be required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
- Insurance industry designation(s)/certification(s) preferred
At Everest, our purpose is to provide the world with protection. We help clients and businesses thrive, fuel global economies, and create sustainable value for our colleagues, shareholders and the communities that we serve. We also pride ourselves on having a unique and inclusive culture which is driven by a unified set of values and behaviors. Click here to learn more about our culture.
Our Values are the guiding principles that inform our decisions, actions and behaviors. They are an expression of our culture and an integral part of how we work: Talent. Thoughtful assumption of risk. Execution. Efficiency. Humility. Leadership. Collaboration. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
Our Colleague Behaviors define how we operate and interact with each other no matter our location, level or function: Respect everyone. Pursue better. Lead by example. Own our outcomes. Win together.
All colleagues are held accountable to upholding and supporting our values and behaviors across the company. This includes day to day interactions with fellow colleagues, and the global communities we serve.
Everest is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, genetics, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. As part of this commitment, Everest will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Everest Benefits at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Everest U.S. Privacy Notice | Everest (everestglobal.com)
This job has expired.