From the inception of a project through to completion and beyond, Turner & Townsend help to deliver the outcomes that matter through transformational programs covering the full spectrum of consultancy, project delivery and post-project operations.
With offices located globally, you're never far away from our services. Working from 118 offices in 50 countries, we make the difference to projects across the real estate, infrastructure and natural resources sectors worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result, our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
In November 2021, CBRE acquired controlling ownership interest in Turner & Townsend forming a strategic partnership between the firms. Effective January 1, 2023, CBRE Heery, formerly operating under CBRE, will now operate as a subsidiary of Turner & Townsend Inc. CBRE Heery will continue under the legal entity name "CBRE Heery" until such time that a formal name change to "Turner & Townsend Heery" is made.
CBRE Heery are seeking an experienced Construction Manager to support our major Aviation client . The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with excellent communication skills, experience working in the construction industry and be able to take the initiative to drive activities with limited supervision.
- Manage client teams, including architects, engineers and supply chain to deliver compliant projects
- Can analyze, track and effectively manage critical milestone activities to avoid schedule slip.
- Verify that effective project governance, processes and systems are utilized
- Ensure application of best practice on all projects
- Production of formal project status reports and other reports as required
- Monitor the progress of multiple construction projects simultaneously to ensure that the approved design standards are being applied correctly
- Manage the interface between all suppliers through monthly trackers and weekly reviews
- Manage the flow of project information between the project team through regular meetings and written communications
- Forecast and update key project milestones
- Manage and monitor local design teams in accordance with commission criteria
- Provide technical support to owners, architects, general contractors and regional stakeholders
- Rapid response to RFIs from the field
- Provide expertise for cost control, value engineering, and constructability guidance where required
- Independent review of status reports, drawing submittals, timelines and costs from architects, contractors and suppliers
- Client management - assist in developing excellent working relationships with Clients, with a view towards maximizing new opportunities
- Strategic Thinking - provide advice to project teams on approaches that can be adopted to successfully achieve both clients' objectives and business objectives
- Knowledge management - ensure that key information and learnings generated from each project is captured
- Process improvement - Identify ways to improve internal systems and processes
Education / Experience
- Demonstrated experience in managing multi-discipline teams
- Demonstrated experience in establishing construction management protocols and guidelines
- Proven track record of successfully understanding and managing various construction contract delivery methods
- Proven track record of meeting schedule and budget in major capital programs
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing field and market conditions
- Demonstrated experience in using "best technology practices" in managing large-scale construction programs
- Demonstrated experience in delivering major capital construction projects successfully (on budget, on time, meeting safety and quality standards within approved scope)
- Demonstrated excellent written/verbal communications
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum fifteen (15) years demonstrated experience in Construction Management on capital programs
- Worked on complex, multi-phase, capital construction projects of $250 million or greater as Construction Manager
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/
Turner & Townsend does not accept any speculative or unsolicited CV's that have been sent to our internal recruitment team or hiring managers from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list or that have not followed due process. Any speculative or unsolicited CV's will be treated as a direct application.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Join our social media conversations for more information about Turner & Townsend and our exciting future projects: TwitterInstagramLinkedIn
It is strictly against Turner & Townsend policy for candidates to pay any fee in relation to our recruitment process. No recruitment agency working with Turner & Townsend will ask candidates to pay a fee at any time.
Any unsolicited resumes/CVs submitted through our website or to Turner & Townsend personal e-mail accounts, are considered property of Turner & Townsend and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorised Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Turner & Townsend, there must be a formal written agreement in place and the agency must be invited, by the Recruitment Team, to submit candidates for review.
This job has expired.