This job has expired.
Innovative Defense Technologies (IDT) is a provider of automated software testing, data analysis, and cybersecurity solutions for complex, mission-critical systems in the US Department of Defense (DoD). IDT is seeking a Director of Contracts with 15+ years of DoD contracts experience to be a key partner in the strategic growth of our business as the contracts subject matter expert, leading the negotiation, execution, and administration of IDT contracts. In this critical role, the Director of Contracts will lead a team with responsibility for all stages of contracts administration, including reviewing contractual terms of RFPs, acting as the primary contract liaison between IDT and customers on contractual issues during contract execution, and contract closeout. This position will be based in our Arlington, VA or Mount Laurel, NJ office as part of the Finance Team and reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
The Director of Contracts will manage a wide range of contractual documents and agreements within the DoD to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment. They will be expected to demonstrate sound judgment and creativity in the resolution of contract issues within the confines of legal requirements, company policies, and customer specifications. Qualified individuals must have demonstrated experience in leading teams, proposal preparation with special emphasis on reviewing contract terms and risks, as well as developing mitigation strategies for proposal submissions.
All applicants must be able to obtain/maintain an active U.S. Security Clearance.
• Leading the development of negotiation strategies, execution, and administration of IDT contracts to include review and approval of contractual documents
• Regular interface with key points of contract in customer contracts organizations
• Supporting new business growth by working with program managers and other finance team members on contract proposal responses and negotiating contract awards
• Be an integral part of the management team advising on contractual strategies, contractual rights, obligations, and risks
• Leading Contracts Team in a management role, to include team performance and career development
• Overseeing the evaluation of contract performance to determine necessity for amendments or extensions of contracts, and compliance to contractual obligations
• Maintaining audit-ready contract files and submitting required contractual documents
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• 15+ years of experience in DoD contracts administration
• BA/BS Degree
• Experience leading Contracts teams in a management function
• Well-versed in Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
• Thorough understanding of procurement strategies, complex agreements, negotiations and contract formation, performance issues, and contract closeouts
• Experience with Department of Navy contracts
• Experience with cost type completion and Technical Instruction contracts
• Experience with Deltek Costpoint
• Active membership in a professional contracts organization such as National Contract Management Association (NCMA) and familiarity with CMBOK (Contract Management Body of Knowledge) and Uniform Commercial Code (UCC)
• Organization, with keen attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong analytical skills and solution-focused and team-oriented mindset
• Ability to assess risks, problems and issues, and to develop recommended solutions
• High accountability to self and others
Applicants, employees, and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.