Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is a global leader in Hydrogen technology, strategy and project delivery combining the best of consultancy and engineering to deliver in partnership with clients on a global scale. In the last twelve months alone Wood has secured over 30 separate hydrogen awards worth $600M+ which now need to be delivered and we anticipate continued growth in this space for 2022 continuing in the short, medium, and long term. The contract awards span green, blue and bio-hydrogen projects and further strengthen Wood's position as a key delivery partner in building out the hydrogen economy and helping clients navigate towards a low-carbon future. Covering the whole value chain from make it, move, and use it across a variety of industries including transport (truck, bus, aviation, shipping), mining, cluster as well as forms from gas to ammonia, liquid hydrogen, and fuels (ethanol, methanol).
To achieve the next stage of our hydrogen growth strategy Wood is seeking a passionate dynamic Director of Low Carbon Hydrogen to lead a growing team and deliver on our Americas expansion plans. You will be at the center of Wood's global decarbonization and energy transition strategy, connected to digital, data, project delivery, operations, and other parts of the business to enable you to thrive in the market.
This is a highly visible, exciting role, where you will have overall responsibility for leading Wood's low carbon hydrogen strategy and program delivery in the Americas. You will lead the development and delivery of strategic growth plans to establish and expand the existing Wood business within the low carbon hydrogen market. We are looking for an experienced candidate with a strong background in renewable energy project development and a robust knowledge of low carbon hydrogen production technologies. A highly motivated individual with technical experience and strong business acumen, who is interested in making a mark in a growing international organization, will thrive in this role.
- Develop and implement strategy for growth and penetration in the evolving hydrogen value chain and related industries
- Develop and provide direction and leadership for a core low carbon hydrogen development team with inclusivity of wider business streams and business units across Wood.
- Lead the establishment of strong and enduring high-level relationships with customers, partners, supply chain, and stakeholders to ensure strategy delivery and position for future opportunities
- Work closely with other Wood market leads for Industrial Decarbonization, Offshore wind and Onshore Renewables to meet Wood's Energy Transition goals
- Promote, represent, and enhance company reputation internally and externally with clients, government, and trade bodies staying abreast of industry developments across the low carbon hydrogen market to ensure the company is well-positioned to secure new contracts that come to market
- Recruit and mentor staff to deliver cutting edge projects in the market
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's or master's degree in a relevant field
- Minimum 10yrs relevant project delivery experience in power, renewables, or hydrogen; detailed design and EPC project experience a plus
- Robust knowledge of hydrogen market trends, hydrogen project development strategies and technologies
- Experience managing consulting or study teams for the execution of projects
- Demonstrated project and engineering management experience, with significant leadership ability
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; with the ability to engage and relate to others (internal and external stakeholders) at all levels
- Must have authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.