This position will be responsible for the administration and management of the company's Safety programs in accordance with federal and local laws and regulations; serves to prevent, minimize, and correct accident and injuries, as well as addressing safety problems as they affect the corporation.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field and industry related professional certifications such as CSP (Certified Safety Professional), CHST (Certified Health & Safety Technician), or CIH (Certified Industrial Hygienist) are strongly preferred
- 5 years of safety working experience in the Heavy Construction
- Thorough knowledge of applicable government regulations, safety compliance and industrial hygiene
- Business acumen, strong analytical skills, and strategic thinking abilities
- Understanding of organizational behavior, communication skills, the ability to influence, ability to work on a team, and the ability to influence positively
- Electrical safety working knowledge
- OSHA Outreach Trainer for the Construction Industry, CHST, and/or Certified Safety Professional certification
- Self-motivated, team focused professional
- ISO 45001 & 14001 knowledge
- Plan, implement, and supervise all project safety, accident, and fire prevention programs for a major bridge replacement
- Direct the work of other Safety Managers and personnel
- Analyzeneed and determine specifications for protective safety equipment, materials, and gear
- Direct surveillance, inspect, and control hazardous working conditions or unsafe employee activities
- Insure all required records and reports are complete, accurate, and submitted as per established procedures
- Maintain Safety and Health Program that meets or exceeds corporate minimum requirements
- Create, communicate, enforce and identify opportunities for improvements in Project Safety Program
- Coordinate, schedule, and facilitate all Subcontractors Pre-Construction Safety Planning Meetings acting as a resource for field operations with compliance on Federal (OSHA) and state as well as local safety and health regulations
- Maintain all administrative tasks related to project specific safety documentation/filing system, etc., including OSHA record keeping, management reports, etc.
- Review and approve all Subcontractors Site Specific Safety Programs and Job Hazard Analysis prior to Subcontractor mobilization
- Conduct regular site evaluations, follow up and tracking of corrections to deficiencies
- Attend superintendent meetings and monitor Tool Box Talks/Discussions to assure documentation and quality
- Perform root cause and accident investigation techniques in the event of a job site accident - including collection of safety and health standard incident reporting forms and documentation working closely with local and Risk Management
- Enforce documentation on the proper training of employees as related to their scope of work
- Ability to conduct in-house training on various health and safety related topics
- Assist with OSHA inspections, compliance reviews, insurance provider reviews/audits, and other federal, state, or local agency reviews/inquiries
- Work with senior management, line management and project teams to ensure organizations SH&E compliance
- Implement SH&E programs, conduct training
- Risk/Claims Management
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!
This job has expired.