Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform all aspects of testing and maintenance of electrical power distribution systems.
- Troubleshooting capabilities, simple relay calibration, use of load recording instrumentation, low and medium voltage switchgear testing through 15 kV class.
- Test and troubleshoot moderately complex electrical systems, simple relay systems and power metering.
- May perform simple power system studies including short circuit and protective device coordination.
- Write complete, detailed reports promptly at end of project using a computer, and accurately process job billing.
- May perform complex analysis and evaluative tasks necessary to complete equipment- labeling projects consistent with recognized industry and international standards, local jurisdiction requirements and Company procedures.
- Take an active role in business development and expansion.
- Perform all functions pertaining to a written job proposal to a client, including estimate of man-hours and expenses, and development of scope and pricing.
- Willing to travel anywhere in North America ~80% of the time. Schedule is dependent upon project work and is flexible to the degree it can be. This is worked out on a case-by-case basis with your assigned project manager. PTO scheduled in advance can and will be accommodated.
- Does NOT require relocation to a Vertiv headquarter or regional office at this time.
- This is "project work" which typical projects last anywhere from 6-12 months on average. It can vary based on schedule and progress.
- Options for downtime (i.e. in between projects), employee can take PTO, training, regional work, and "home office" work.
- Typical schedule is to work 4-6 weeks and then 1-2 weeks back at "home base" depending on project schedule. This varies based on the phase of the project.
- Expect to receive accelerated on-job-training (OJT) and experience due to the nature of this work. Excellent career jump starts and then settle down in a region (if and when you choose to do so)
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customer; Gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; Acts with customers in mind; Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Decision Quality - Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
Integrity and Trust - Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual, can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; doesn't blame others for his/her own mistakes or misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
Listening - Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
Problem Solving - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at first answers.
Standing Alone - Will stand up and be counted; doesn't shirk from personal responsibility; can be counted on when times are tough; looks forward to taking charge of a problem or issue; is comfortable working alone on a tough assignment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education and/or Experience
The successful candidate will embrace Vertiv's Core Principals & Behaviors to help execute our Strategic Priorities. OUR CORE PRINCIPALS:
- Graduate Engineer BSEE or BSME and no experience. OR Graduate of applicable Electrical Technical School or Military equivalent and three years minimum same or similar work experience. OR High school education or equivalent and four years minimum same or similar work experience.
- Knowledge of the National Electrical Code and various industry standards, such as OSHA and NFPA.
- Passed NETA (National Electrical Testing Association) exam.
- Strong background and experience in all types of switchgear testing through the 15 kV class.
- Good theoretical understanding of electrical power systems.
- Communicate effectively, in writing and verbally, with clients and peers.
- Good judgment, dependable, supervises projects with technical expertise and good business management skills.
- Strong computer skills including editing, formatting and using templates in Microsoft Word, use of Internet for standards/products/manufacturer research, and operation of computer-controlled test equipment.
- Willing to work flexible hours, weekends, holidays, and night work. Must be available for out- of-town and international travel of up to several weeks.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear, and smell. Frequently required to sit, climb and balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, basic color differentiation and the ability to adjust focus. Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and frequently lift and/or move 100-pound test sets.
- Valid Driver's License.
Diversity & Inclusion. OUR STRATEGIC PRIORITIES
- Customer Focus
- Operational Excellence
- High-Performance Culture
- Financial Strength
- Own It
- Act With Urgency
- Foster a Customer-First Mindset
- Think Big and Execute
- Lead by Example
- Drive Continuous Improvement
- Learn and Seek Out Development
At Vertiv, we offer the stability of a global leader in a growing industry and the opportunity of a startup. We design, manufacture and service the mission-critical infrastructure technologies for vital applications in data centers, communication networks and commercial and industrial environments. With $5.0 billion in revenue, a strong customer base and global reach in nearly 70 countries, our move to establish a standalone business enables us to deliver greater value to our customers and create new opportunities for our people.
Vertiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We promote equal opportunities for all with respect to hiring, terms of employment, mobility, training, compensation, and occupational health, without discrimination as to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression (including transgender status or sexual stereotypes), genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, protected veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
No calls or agencies please. Vertiv will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
The anticipated pay range for this role in the State of Washington, California and Colorado locality is between $25 per hour to $50 per hour-pay ranges for other geographic localities may vary. Certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including merit increases, annual bonus, and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance and are role based. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee's role. The role is eligible to participate in a comprehensive and competitive benefits program, including medical, dental, vision, disability, PTO (Flexible or up to accrued 15-20 days a year), holiday pay (9 days), and 401k.
This job has expired.