The principal responsibility of this position is to provide executive administrative support to 3 Managing Directors, 2 principals, 3 to 4 other investment professionals. Will also have part time coverage of a fourth MD/partner who is largely based in London when they are in NYC 1-2 weeks a quarter.
QualificationsEducation & CertificatesProfessional Experience
- Proactively maintain calendars, contacts and tasks (primarily done through Microsoft Office); schedule and coordinate internal and external meetings and events, including tracking attendance, registering and greeting guests, ordering, setting up and taking down catering in meeting rooms
- Coordinate complex and ever-changing domestic and international travel arrangements, which include flights (commercial and private), car service, dinner reservations, internal and client meetings, and events, etc. This also includes troubleshooting travel problems, if they arise, including after hours or on weekends, as needed
- Booking conference rooms, booking lunch/dinner reservations
- Perform general administrative and office tasks including, but not limited to, preparing correspondence, file organization, data entry, maintaining contact lists and process documents, archiving and preparing and printing pre-meeting materials for review
- Phones: For senior Investment Professionals, answer phone lines and take messages as needed
- Office Support: Printing, retrieve guests/deliveries/lunches from lobby
- Subscriptions: Manage research subscriptions
- Conferences: Manage attendance to conferences and membership to business organizations
- Expenses: Produce, review, edit and complete expense reports reimbursement reports (which can involve appropriate foreign currency conversions) primarily using Concur; work with AP for timely payments and track reimbursements
- General: Assist with special projects/event planning as needed; Pro-actively anticipate work assignments whenever possible
- Maintain confidentiality of all sensitive and confidential issues
- Other reasonably related duties as assigned
Competencies & Attributes
- Excellent in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and PowerPoint)
- Proficient with Concur and PeopleSoft
- Knowledge in CRM database a plus
- Willingness to work in the NY office at least four days each week
- Highly organized, proactive mindset and willingness to go the extra mile
- Ability to prioritize effectively and juggle multiple urgent tasks
- Works well under pressure (with deadlines)
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision with strong follow-through skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Collaborative/teamwork attitude and skills a must
- Maintain a positive attitude in a fast-paced work environment
The compensation range for this role is specific to New York City and takes into account a wide range of factors including but not limited to the skill sets required/preferred; prior experience and training; licenses and/or certifications.
The anticipated base salary range for this role is $100,000 to $110,000.
In addition to the base salary, the hired professional will enjoy a comprehensive benefits package spanning retirement benefits, health insurance, life insurance and disability, paid time off, paid holidays, family planning benefits and various wellness programs. Additionally, the hired professional may also be eligible to participate in an annual discretionary incentive program, the award of which will be dependent on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
Due to the high volume of candidates, please be advised that only candidates selected to interview will be contacted by The Carlyle Group.Company Information
The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ: CG) is a global investment firm with $385 billion of assets under management and more than half of the AUM managed by women, across 562 investment vehicles as of June 30, 2023. Founded in 1987 in Washington, DC, Carlyle has grown into one of the world's largest and most successful investment firms, with more than 2,200 professionals operating in 29 offices in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. Carlyle places an emphasis on development, retention and inclusion as supported by our internal processes and seven Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). Carlyle's purpose is to invest wisely and create value on behalf of its investors, which range from public and private pension funds to wealthy individuals and families to sovereign wealth funds, unions and corporations. Carlyle invests across three segments - Global Private Equity, Global Credit and Investment Solutions - and has expertise in various industries, including: aerospace, defense & government services, consumer & retail, energy, financial services, healthcare, industrial, real estate, technology & business services, telecommunications & media and transportation.
At Carlyle, we know that diverse teams perform better, so we seek to create a community where we continually exchange insights, embrace different perspectives and leverage diversity as a competitive advantage. That is why we are committed to growing and cultivating teams that include people with a variety of perspectives, people who provide unique lenses through which to view potential deals, support and run our business.
This job has expired.