The University of Denver (DU) is the oldest independent university in the Rocky Mountain region, with more than 14,000 students. DU is classified as a Doctoral/Research university with high research activity. The Daniels College of Business is the eighth oldest collegiate business program in the U.S. and has held AACSB accreditation since 1923. Current enrollment in Daniels includes more than 1,400 undergraduate and 900 graduate students.
The Liniger Center on Franchising (the Center) at the Daniels College of Business is named in honor of David and Gail Liniger, business leaders and philanthropists who believe passionately in franchising. The Center will be the first of its kind in the Rocky Mountain West and the preeminent resource in the region for franchising. It will offer guidance, support and resources to both franchisors and franchisees through education, networking, and thought leadership.
The inaugural Executive Director of the Liniger Center on Franchising will be responsible for building the program, including overseeing curriculum development, creating networking opportunities, and focusing on thought leadership. The Director will be responsible for recruiting students and ensuring high-quality curricular and co-curricular experiences that prepare students for successful careers in the franchising industry.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Collaborate with Daniels faculty to develop coursework related to franchising. This coursework will include courses directly related to the franchising world, and courses on business skills that are relevant to franchisors and franchisees.
- Establish and execute a strategy to recruit and admit students to the program, initially focusing on micro-credentials that allow participants to earn badges in focused domains (such as Franchise Marketing, Franchise Operations, Franchise Financials, or International Franchising.)
- Utilize networking to develop mutually beneficial interactions between franchisors and franchisees, fostering an environment of trust, collaboration, and confidentiality.
- Build relationships with industry associations, such as the International Franchising Association, including securing necessary approvals to get coursework approved for the CFE exam.
- Facilitate relevant and applied research, in partnership with faculty, on the most current and salient topics in the franchising space.
- Facilitate the creation of original case studies to promote situational and applied learning within courses offered.
- Coordinate with the Associate Dean of Finance and Business Operations to develop a five year growth plan and operational budget.
- Be accountable for revenue achievement and cost containment. Identify opportunities for revenue enhancement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Deep understanding of the curricular and co-curricular interests of franchisees and franchisors.
- Ability to build programs, using cross-functional teams within DU and in partnership with industry.
- Ability to network with industry leaders and build relationships towards the creation of a value-add, mutually supportive franchising community.
- Demonstrated skill in successfully recruiting and retaining students who are enrolled in courses at the Liniger Center.
- Ability to actively manage budget and deadlines.
- Ability to serve as an active and collaborative partner within the Daniels College of Business to foster strategic, effective, and collaborative educational practices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal, written and organizational skills.
- Exceptional attention to details, high level of organization, and commitment to quality.
- Model One DU leadership.
- 8 years experience in the franchising industry, as a franchisee or franchisor, with demonstrated success.
- 5+ years Project Management and leadership experience.
- Bachelors degree in business or related discipline.
- Demonstrated record of success in creating and successfully executing new initiatives.
- 10+ years experience in the franchising industry
- Experience in an academic or non-profit setting
- CFE qualification
- Masters degree or higher in business or related field
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Evenings and weekends as required. Application Deadline
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) July 15, 2022. Special Instructions
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Salary Grade Number:
The salary grade for the position is 16.Salary Range:
The salary range for this position is $135,000 - $160,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate's sex or any other protected status. Benefits:
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver. Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer. The University of Denver prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age (40 years and over in the employment context), religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, veterans status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance in any of the university's educational programs and activities, and in the employment (including application for employment) and admissions (including application for admission) context, as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended in 2008; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967; and any other federal, state, and local laws, regulations, or ordinances that prohibit discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation. For the university's complete Non-Discrimination Statement, please see non-discrimination-statement. All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.Advertised:
June 21, 2022 Applications close:
This job has expired.