There are two main parts to this role:
1. To lead and manage a team of analysts to provide reporting, planning and analysis for LNLP businesses and management organisations.
- This role has oversight of ~6 finance analysts who deliver support to our functional costs and business unit groups
- Analysts deliver a range of activities: monthly financial reports; ad hoc analysis; maintain standard reports; maintain plans and forecasts in relevant finance systems; work closely with applicable Decision Support team members to make updates in reporting, planning and analysis as needed; share best practices across finance groups
- Work closely with VP Corporate Finance, Head of FP&A and Head of Finance Systems to develop process improvements and better reporting and planning capabilities for the Global LNLP Finance organisation
2. To provide decision support to an area of global functional costs (such as Global HR or Global Legal). Be the Finance decision support partner to a global business leader, providing them with finance reports and plans and to help them fulfil their financial objectives. This will include supporting your business leader to present plans and forecasts to global senior leadership team.Management of Reporting, Planning & Analysis role/accountabilities
Decision Support role / accountabilities
- Lead and manage the team to deliver quality and timely forecasting, reporting, and analysis with insight
- Understand the strategic direction and priorities of the areas supported, to help the team provide insight
- Possess a thorough understanding of processes and systems for the areas supported, to provide both oversight as well as business continuity (to prevent any disruption of service)
- Responsible for managing the Service Level Agreements for their area of support and making any necessary updates as required
- Accountable for ensuring all team members keep process documentation current
- Ensures team members receive the training / coaching required to provide the services outlined in their SLAs and to enable team members to develop and grow in the business
- Manage the overall workload of team members and ensures that tasks are completed in the correct pillars as per the global finance operating model
- Serve as a resource for team members to provide guidance and connect them with the appropriate contacts in the organization
- Work with the team to manage and prioritize the delivery of ad hoc /regular requests
- Solicit feedback from internal customers to gain insight on potential improvements in services and also to provide coaching to team members (takes appropriate actions to remedy performance issues as necessary)
- Fosters a continuous improvement environment within their team while also identifying and leading improvement opportunities across our services, processes, and financial systems
Experience and Qualifications
- FP&A capability - prepare and deliver reports, plans and analysis to help the business leader make decisions. During the planning process offer constructive advice on how to achieve targets in an effective way and articulate drivers for cost increases or decreases
- Build relationships to drive performance. Meet regularly with business leader and other key stakeholders. Develop relationships with all key stakeholders to ensure effective flow of information and where applicable sharing best practices
- Communication. Participate in presentation of plans to global senior leaders. Develop communication across different levels of the organisation (RELX, senior LN leaders, senior Finance and functional leaders and others)
- Strategy and Change management. Participate in strategy process and help business leaders develop their strategy to achieve financial objectives. Develop an understanding of managing changes in the business and what actions can help make changes a success.
- 6+ years of experience in a financial role with experience of reporting, planning and analysis
- Financial Degree or Diploma, MBA or advanced business degree. Excellent knowledge of financial and management accounting, process and systems.
- Experience of achieving results in an international environment, with appreciation of differences in culture and legal frameworks.
- Experience of delivering process improvements and working in a changing environment.
- Knowledge and application of accounting standards and management accounting techniques.
- System knowledge: Experience and confidence in using relevant tools and systems (such as Microsoft Excel, Hyperion, Dodeca) and to be confident to guide people how to use these tools in the most efficient and effective way
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Demonstrate good analytical skills
- Be able to communicate effectively
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.