Job DescriptionAre you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
As a member of the professional staff, contributes general knowledge and skill in a discipline area (e.g. Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Operations Planning & Support, Sales & Marketing) to support team and/or department objectives. Generally works under close supervision or within well-established guidelines to complete routine tasks. Responsible for selection, supervision and development of staff in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Specific Job Summary (describe the nature and purpose of the position)
The Financial Analyst supports the Director of Finance in delivering financial and performance analyses that facilitate effective strategic and tactical decisions to drive profitable growth or decline strategies, business performance, and better manage business complexity. Provides financial expertise; develops, implements and supports the delivery of financial products and services to meet the needs of the site. Ensures site compliance within Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), corporate policies and standards e.g., MVW-66 and Sarbanes Oxley.
Manages the day to day operations by providing leadership, guidance and support to sites F&A team. Additionally, is responsible for directing, planning, managing and executing against deliverables in a timely fashion. Responsible for period, quarter and end of year closing, forecasting, auditing and ensuring proper controls are in place to mitigate risks for the organization.
CLS Generic Expected Contributions
Specific Expected Contributions
- Contributes to team, department and/or business results by performing the following types of basic tasks: analysis, auditing, budgeting, forecasting, programming, research, report generation, and software integration.
- Responds to, solves and makes decisions on standard/routine business requests with limited risk.
- Works to enhance the organization's capabilities through effective staffing and development of others (typically non-exempt associates but may also include exempt associates) by:
- using appropriate MVW interviewing tools to hire the best people available from inside or outside.
- establishing goals and delegating tasks appropriately.
- providing timely coaching and feedback
- making and rewarding distinctions in performance.
- engaging in progressive disciplinary processes, when appropriate.
- Assists more senior associates in achieving business results by:
- utilizing technical knowledge and skills to enhance business processes.
- establishing priorities for self and, where appropriate, others.
- allocating own time effectively to meet goals in a manner that does not disadvantage other associates or groups.
- contributing to department/unit budget as appropriate (i.e., input, following guidelines, etc).
- Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for improvement and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
- Performs other duties as appropriate.
(including duties and responsibilities)Accounting, Financial Systems & Controls:
Financial Planning & Analysis:
- Analyzes and compiles financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicates monthly and annual financial results to multiple business partners.
- Ensures profits and losses are documented accurately.
- Assists in ensuring compliance to corporate standards and policies to ensure appropriate controls and processes that comply with Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Aides in the development and maintenance of sound business practices and introduction of controls necessary to protect the Company's assets and interests, and further ensures compliance with these controls. Manages the balance sheet reconciliation process for M&S.
- Obtains a thorough understanding of the accounting system to maximize the quality of management reporting.
- Supports audit processes by conducting self-audits and providing information to internal audit department as necessary. Assists locations in preparation for audits and implementation of corrective action plans for areas identified for improvement. Prepare periodic & quarterly Controls Self Assessments.
- Ensures timely communication & submission of payroll critical data to partnering departments (Accounting Services & Human Resources / Compensation).
- Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
- Keeps up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Supports a strong accounting & operational control environment to safeguard assets, improve operations and profitability and manage business risks. Assist in formulating accounting policies, processes and SOPs
- Leverages centralized accounting processes and shared services.
- Provides on going analytical support. Monitors actual and projected results to ensure financial goals are met while providing support for the cause of financial variances. Assists in identifying opportunities to improve profitability.
- Accurately reports and analyzes revenue, cost, profit, and cash flow deviations from budget and forecast. Develops period forecasts and analyzes the information against budget by interacting with M&S operations.
- Supports the compensation planning process by providing analysis of potential financial impact, and compliance to company strategy
- Prepare and analyze forecast for M&S.
Providing Financial Information and Guidance to Others:
- Participate in the Budget & LRP process.
- Assist in developing planning models/tools to facilitate business decisions.
- Assist on cross-functional projects requiring finance expertise.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis as per business needs on specific projects.
CLS Generic Candidate Profile
- Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant financial information in a timely manner.
- Attends critique meetings to review information with management team.
- Advises the Director of Finance on existing and evolving operating/financial issues.
- Communicates financial concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand and drives desired behaviors.
- Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures, and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills as follows:
Usually a professional position with general knowledge in a discipline (i.e., Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology) and associate management. College degree and/or related experience typically required.Specific Candidate Profile
(the education, experience, skills and attributes that are important for this position)
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting preferred, or related major; 0-2 years related work experience in finance and accounting; or,
- High School Diploma/GED and equivalent work experience
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture
This job has expired.