At Thermo Fisher Scientific, our Finance members are important to our business and functional teams to make educated, sound decisions that drive our Mission and make us a stable and trusted industry leader. From Financial Planning & Analysis, Tax, Treasury, Financial Reporting, Audit, Investor Relations, Strategy & Corporate Development to Accounting, our Finance functions have a diverse and global presence, providing significant opportunities to develop outstanding career experiences and perspectives. Ranked #92 on the 2022 Fortune 500 list and with revenues of more than $40 billion, you'll discover endless opportunities to grow a rewarding career as part of the world leader serving science!
How you will make an impact
The Bioproduction Chemicals Division (BCD) is a $1.2B business within the BioProduction Group and are seeking a Financial Analyst III who will be an integral part of the Grand Island operations finance team in supporting the delivery of our near and long-term site financial objectives.
Job Title: Senior Financial Analyst
Reports To: Maggy Dorian; Finance Manager
Group/Division: BPG Finance/BCD
Career Band: 6
Job Track: Professional
Position Location: Grand Island NY
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Day/Shift (if applicable): N/A
FLSA Status (Exempt/Non-Exempt): Exempt
Relocation (if applicable): No
We are looking for a Financial Analyst who will provide finance and business insight and analytics to the Grand Island NY Operations team. They work with the Operations Finance Manager in partnering with the Site Manufacturing and Facilities Leaders to ensure strong financial controls, compliance, and timely and accurate financial reporting consistent with USGAAP and local reporting requirements. In addition, the position holder will provide valuable decision support, identify, and implement operational improvement opportunities!
The Financial Analyst must be degree qualified and have experience with both accounting and FP&A roles and have previous experience in management accounting or analyst type roles for a minimum of 2 years. You must have excellent analytical and diagnostic skills with a proactive and common-sense approach to issue resolution. A hands-on style and an enjoyment derived from working closely with teams will be necessary.
- Work closely with key operations business partners to identify and mitigate issues impeding the achievement of business goals.
- Develop high level of credibility and forge strong professional relationships with peers and upper management.
Critical skills include:
- Responsible for month-end and quarter-end manufacturing and facilities finance reporting functions, manufacturing variance forecasts including the liaison with business partner and assist them in meeting the spending forecast, business needs and critical issues.
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial forecast update and annual Operating (AOP) plans
- Partner cross-functionally to provide financial guidance on Productivity improvement, Gross Margin optimization, and business alternatives to improve overall business performance.
- Provide support for special operations projects
Other Job Requirements:
- Strong understanding of financial statements and financial systems.
- Strong systems skills with ability to learn new systems quickly. Advanced Excel is essential, experience with Hyperion Planning / Cognos EDW and ERP system (Oracle, E1) preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and able to work well in a team-based environment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Capability of multi-tasking and prioritizing projects/tasks.
- Adhere to OHS policies and procedures and ensure a safe and healthy workplace environment.
- BS degree in Finance or Accounting or Business-related field
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Prior experience in a large global company and highly matrixed organization
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, able to summarize and present information in a concise and effective manner.
- Attention to detail and consistently delivering high quality work; ability to learn quickly, and multi-task in deadline driven environment
- Cost accounting experience
- Experience with Hyperion Essbase, Hyperion planning, Cognos and E1 a plus.
- Expertise in MS Excel and Power Point
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. Compensation and Benefits
The salary range estimated for this position based in New York is $75,800.00-$113,675.00.
This position may also be eligible to receive a variable annual bonus based on company, team, and/or individual performance results in accordance with company policy. We offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package that our U.S. colleagues and their families can count on, which includes:
- A choice of national medical and dental plans, and a national vision plan, including health incentive programs
- Employee assistance and family support programs, including commuter benefits and tuition reimbursement
- At least 120 hours paid time off (PTO), 10 paid holidays annually, paid parental leave (3 weeks for bonding and 8 weeks for caregiver leave), accident and life insurance, and short- and long-term disability in accordance with company policy
- Retirement and savings programs, such as our competitive 401(k) U.S. retirement savings plan
- Employees' Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) offers eligible colleagues the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount
For more information on our benefits, please visit: https://jobs.thermofisher.com/global/en/total-rewards
This job has expired.