Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company's new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It's not just about your career... or your job title...it's about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters...do things that haven't been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
*This role can be permitted to work with a Hybrid Schedule. Expectations are to work remotely 2 days per week. Onsite days are expected 3 days per week.
**Relocation assistance may be available to those who qualify
Role Summary: Wabtec purchases over $3.5B of materials & services annually across the globe. In the last two years, Sourcing has been executing the integration of different business units to converge to one single Sourcing culture. This represents a great opportunity to be a part of the team that is designing, building, and implementing sourcing infrastructure and solutions. This role is key to identify and drive a cohesive strategic sourcing framework that delivers on Enterprise Risk management, cost, and cash KPIs.
The Sourcing Finance Director will provide critical operational finance support to the Wabtec's Global Operations Sourcing and Supply Chain Operational General Managers in optimizing sourcing costs, both direct and indirect, and cash KPIs. This role would drive optimal performance (cost, fulfillment, quality, cash) and profitability through the Supply Chain and project execution. This role is a key partner to the Sourcing Leadership team and would work across the teams to support/lead overall financial planning and analysis for Sourcing, Product Costing & Inventory groups. This role is very dynamic and is highly visible within the Company. Unlock your potential, turn ideas into realities, and join a team that is passionate about delivering solutions and succeeding every day.
- Partner with Sourcing team to assess the sourcing strategy (make vs. buy, dual vs. single source, supplier selection rationale, commercial actions)
- Builds partnership with suppliers to drive productivity, deflation, and cash flow optimization. Responsible for sourcing analytics and metric reporting, e.g. direct material deflation, AP days to pay, and supplier terms.
- Lead FP&A cycles (Budget, Strap) for Sourcing and partner with GSC FP&A to support Freight Equipment Costing and Inventory
- Own financial pacing and closing of books for all aspects of Sourcing financial tracker (cost deflation, logistics transportation, functional costs, tariffs and cash KPIs)
- Analysis of material spend to identify cost savings opportunities, and partner with sourcing and product teams to drive execution
- Develop rigor and controls around inbound logistics spend, especially minimizing expedites and air shipments wherever possible
- Support standard setting process for purchase price of raw material, buy parts and material overhead standards
- Develop business cases and track actuals for investments made for material and logistics cost productivity and supplier resiliency
- Support integration of business units (Freight Components & Transit) and new BD deals in the One-Sourcing setup. Contributes towards strategy and policy development and ensures delivery within area of responsibility
- Assist in Mentoring & develop talent in the LEAD program
- Bachelor or master's degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Minimum 7 years of operating finance expertise and rigor
- Desirable to have some experience of operating in a multi-region environment supporting a Senior Operating GM
- Prior experience of supply chain or sourcing finance
Wabtec provides a competitive total compensation package that includes a comprehensive employee benefits program.
- Self-starter with a sense of urgency coupled with effective project management abilities; able to balance multiple priorities and demonstrate strong commitment to deadlines and results
- Experience working in global business environment with sound understanding of global process and transactional flows
- Clear thinking/problem solving - successfully led projects/process improvements within operations/finance functions; able to quickly grasp new ideas
- Adaptable/Flexible: being open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations
- Strong critical thinking and challenges the status-quo
- Strong analytic skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers
- Excellent presentation, facilitation, and communication skills
Wabtec also contributes Annual and Matching contributions to your 401(k) account to help your savings grow. Each pay period, Wabtec will match 100% of your contribution up to a maximum of 3% of your eligible compensation. Wabtec also will make an Annual Contribution of 3% of your compensation, whether or not you contribute your own funds to the Savings Plan. That's a total of 6% of your annual compensation in Company-provided contributions!
12 paid holidays
Unlimited time off (in accordance with your leader)
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world's toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles...people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.