Basic Job Functions:
Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
- Assist and direct customers to proper location to unload materials.
- Inspect for existence of flammable, radioactive, hazardous and/or leaded materials. Inspect materials for liquids, non-metallic and all other posted or non-posted materials that are non-acceptable (i.e. propane tanks, PCB's, batteries, etc.)
- Ensure that any materials not allowed are not left on Company property.
- Remove and properly store any items or material occasionally.
- General duties involving physical handling of materials, supplies, etc.
- May assist other workers as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 years in an industrial/outdoor work environment
- 6-day work week; Monday-Friday 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p. m and Saturday 7:45 a. m. to 12:00 p.m. Hours are subject to change
- Excellent verbal communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with customers.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vets - and a drug - free workplace
This job has expired.
- Bilingual preferred - Spanish.