This person will perform Project Management responsibilities, managing multiple concurrent projects. He/she will be expected to prepare and maintain detailed project plans, monitor progress against this plan, act as liaison between IT and user departments, and prepare presentations for management. The successful candidate will be expected to keep stakeholders informed of developments related to the projects he/she manages. Throughout all of these efforts, he/she will be expected to guide, support, and enforce adherence to organizational Software Development Methodology (SDM).
- Partners with business leaders and technology professionals to understand business needs and outcomes.
- Keep stakeholders informed of status related to the projects managed. Guide, support, and enforce adherence to organizational Software Development Methodology (SDM).
- Lead a portfolio of complex change and project initiatives aligned to the strategy and vision of Shared Technology Services Group, including highly technical operational consulting, substantial budget and/or ROI, high visibility, long tail, many stakeholders crossing multiple functional groups.
- Implement insurance products supporting personal lines (auto or HO) and commercial lines (commercial auto, property or general liability).
- Lead the Information Technology Project team to implement a new product or enhance existing applications that support independent agents or direct consumers. Including but not limited to, front end applications for data collecting, rating, issuing or endorsing, integration of front end applications with company or vendor backend applications, databases or data warehouses and integration with 3rd party's (credit, state DMV or LexisNexis).
- Meet with business partners to establish budget for project deliverables and tracking progress to keep project within agreed upon budget.
- Execute change and project management practices including planning for timelines and deliverables, establishing analytical structures to focus the work and developing big picture frameworks that shape the project approach for collaborators and stakeholders.
- Managing system requirements, test procedures, and quality standards. Facilitating user acceptance testing and reviewing requirements with business owners and all other stakeholders.
- Plan, execute and control projects, establishing realistic estimates and reporting metrics utilizing project planning and tracking tools.
- Assess project risks and exposures, identify options and alternatives, make decisions, and implement corrective actions.
- Leverage in-depth experience in the policy life cycle system testing.
- Present project strategy, timelines, and progress to senior management on a weekly basis.
Demonstrated expertise in:
- Developing detailed systems requirements documents using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, descriptions, use cases, and business process analysis
- Developing time and cost estimates for project(s) and presenting a justification of time and cost estimate of project to the business.
- Reviewing and analyzing project requests, evaluating business requirements, and identifying impacted areas for the development of technical solutions, analyzing proposed solutions for technical feasibility and negotiating with stakeholders for approval of best available solution.
- Developing and Maintaining Project Plans (including tracking scope, schedule and cost) utilizing Project Management software.
- Identifying project risks throughout the project lifecycle, recording discoveries, change controls, and updating project plans to reflect those activities.
- Utilizing system development methodologies and lifecycles, i.e. Waterfall, Agile, etc. to implement solutions.
About the Company:
- Property and Casualty experience working for an insurance company on personal lines (auto or HO preferred) or commercial lines (commercial auto, property or general liability).
- Experience implementing insurance products supporting any of these lines of business noted above. Specifically, leading an IT project team working with business team to implement a new or enhance existing applications that support independent agents or direct consumers. Including any of the following:
- Front-end applications for data collect, rating, issuing or endorsing.
- Integration of front-end applications with company or vendor backend applications, databases or data warehouses.
The Plymouth Rock Company and its affiliated group of companies write and manage over $1.7 billion in personal and commercial auto and homeowner's insurance throughout the Northeast and mid-Atlantic, where we have built an unparalleled reputation for service. We continuously invest in technology, our employees thrive in our empowering environment, and our customers are among the most loyal in the industry. The Plymouth Rock group of companies employs approximately 2,000 people and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. Plymouth Rock Assurance Corporation holds an A.M. Best rating of "A-/Excellent".
This job has expired.