GPI offers excellent benefits, including a 401(k) plan, ESOP, medical/dental/vision plans, and vacation/sick/personal time, and more. GPI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Greenman-Pedersen, Inc. is seeking a land surveying (party chief) in the Buffalo, NY office.
Do you value a company that puts employee satisfaction and diversity at the forefront of who they are? If so, GPI wants you!
GPI is a multi-discipline engineering firm providing planning, design, and construction services for transportation infrastructure and building system projects throughout the United States for over 50 years. Ranked in the Top 100 Firms by Engineering News Record, GPI is a forward-thinking, innovative firm with a culture that is committed to excellence and fosters staff empowerment. For more information visit: www.gpinet.com
- Experience in topographic, control, boundary, ALTA, as-built surveys as well as construction/heavy civil layout for Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Municipal projects
- Will accurately run survey measuring instruments including GPS equipment and robotic's with electronic data collecting capabilities
- Participates with in-house project planning and schedule development
- Consults with the supervisor when there are scheduling issues/conflicts
- Learns all the details of the plans and specifications of the project assigned
- May also perform some office duties, including data reduction, field note reduction, calculations, data checks and staking computations using survey computer programs and AutoCAD
- Keep accurate field notes by recording all important data: date/time, weather, job number, job/client name, description of work, detailed project control sketch, and download file name
Requirements MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Specialized vocational training or degree in survey technology preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of Land Survey related experience
- Demonstrate proficiency in reading and interpreting contracts and specifications
- Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with office and field personnel
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain composure, professionalism in all situations
- Maintain a valid driver's license with a clean motor vehicle report (MVR) for final consideration
- Read, write, and understand plans and direction given in the English language
- Basic computer skills with the ability to create and edit Microsoft Word and Excel documents, create Outlook emails and utilize SharePoint and Microsoft Teams to communicate with other team members
- Able to stand for approximately 3 hours minimum a day up to 8 hours
- Able to traverse a construction job site consisting of uneven ground varying in height and consistency of material, with a variation of elevation 19\" or less (mud, gravel, rutted ground, etc.)