Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 3 billion Euros turnover, 400 laboratories across 44 countries and more than 35.000 staff.
Eurofins DQCI, a subsidiary of Eurofins Scientific, is the premiere laboratory for dairy product testing in North America. It's customer base spans across the US as well as internationally serving third party laboratory needs of retailers, production facilities and farmers. The company has been in business for over 90 years and has experienced record growth over the last few years as new innovative dairy and dairy-alternative food products are developed, US dairy exports to Europe and Southeast Asia grow exponentially and food consumers make more conscious buying decisions.
- Plan and implement systems that perform the work and fulfill the mission and the goals of the department efficiently and effectively.
- Plan and allocate resources to effectively staff and accomplish the work to meet departmental productivity and quality goals.
- Review applications, conduct interviews, and make hiring decisions for positions reporting to this position.
- Administer, direct, and document the training of assigned staff on job functions, the Quality Manual, SOPs, IMS regulatory requirements, and laboratory policies/procedures applicable to area of responsibility; meet regularly with staff to ensure that proper information flows in both directions and that personnel adhere to these requirements on an ongoing basis.
- Plan, evaluate, and improve the efficiency of business processes and procedures to enhance speed, quality, efficiency, and output.
- Make business decisions that are financially responsible, accountable, justifiable, and defensible in accordance with organization policies and procedures.
- Work with the Environment Health and Safety Manager to ensure all applicable safety protocols are adhered to throughout the department's activities.
- Establish and maintain relevant controls and feedback systems to monitor the operation of the department.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with clients, management, coworkers, and staff both orally and in writing. Delegate responsibilities to employees in a manner that ensures they understand their tasks and roles.
- Manage the preparation and maintenance of reports necessary to carry out the functions of the department. Prepare periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal accomplishment.
- Maintain key relationships with critical vendors and customers related to the Calibration Standards Department.
- Develop and use electronic tools to plan ingredient makeup of calibration standards.
- Communicate regularly with other managers, general manager, president, and other designated contacts within the organization.
- Maintain a perpetual state of readiness and willingness to respond to the queries and needs of clients, staff, and coworkers.
- Promote the company image through exercising sound and ethical business practices as related to the public and our customers.
- Provide back-up support for other Department Managers, as needed.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- Design and use appropriate quality measures, which meet or exceed the standards, set by ISO/IEC 17025, government regulations, client expectations, and company requirements, when performing assigned tasks.
- Required: Bachelors Degree (preferably a Bachelors of Science)
- Required: Minimum of 2 years' experience supervising a team to include hiring and performance reviews.
- Preferred: Experience in a technical field related to the food or dairy industry.
- Preferred: Experience using LEAN principles to facilitate process improvement.
- Preferred: Experience with project management.
- Track record of leadership throughout personal/professional experiences
- Ability to inspire and motivate staff
- Ability and the desire to work cooperatively and effectively in a team based organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel)
- Proficient learning/utilizing software- will be expected to learn/utilize Eurofins-specific systems
- Able to communicate oral and written information clearly, concisely, logically with confidence.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Position isFull-Time, Monday-Friday, first shift,
withadditional hours, as needed. Candidates currently living in a commutable distance toMounds View, MN
are encourage to apply.
What we Offer:
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
This job has expired.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays