CAMPUS FACILITY SERVICE GENERA (IN-CFSG-IUINA)
Campus Facility Services (CFS) is proud to provide all IUPUI students, faculty, staff, and visitors with a high-quality physical environment. We provide maintenance, grounds and custodial services for more than 70 buildings and parking garages and over 300 acres of lawns, trees, plantings, sidewalks and parking lots. The department is also a frequent partner with IU Capital Projects on campus renovation projects and new construction initiatives.
Our Mission - Campus Facility Services (CFS) - People serving the campus community and caring for the physical environment in support of the IUPUI mission.
Our Vision - Earning customer trust through caring, connected, and competent service professionals.
For information about the department, please visit: Campus Facility Services.
Additional information over Indiana University's comprehensive employee benefits program can be found here.
- Installs and maintains locking devices, including automatic door operators and controls.
- Installs, programs, and maintains hard-wired electronic access systems and stand-alone electronic access systems.
- Installs and maintains all door closing devices and controls.
- Installs and repairs panic bars.
- Installs and maintains all door hardware, closing devices and controls.
- Disassembles mechanical or electrical locking devices and repairs or replaces worn tumblers, springs, and other parts, using hand tools.
- Cuts keys, re-keys and re-cores locks in buildings and facilities.
- Creates and maintains records of work performed and materials used.
- Maintains files documenting mechanical and electrical lock changes and keys issued to employees and vendors.
- Assists customers with identifying key, lock and security needs; trains customers on systems once installed.
- Records combinations and lock changes in code books; services safes when necessary.
- Maintains inventory of frequently used parts.
- Performs other general building maintenance as needed.
- Participates in the training of apprentices and/or other workers as needed.
- Drives vehicles as needed.
- Provides 24-hour a day emergency response as needed.
- Assists with snow removal activities as necessary.
- Works during inclement weather (i.e. snow and ice) when weather emergencies dictate that the department is needed to take care of the campus.
- High school diploma or GED
- 5 years verifiable journey level experience OR Certificate in DOL apprenticed electrical trade
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATESRequired
- Valid driver's license and ability to be insured by Indiana University upon date of hire
- Certificate in relevant DOL apprenticed trade
Working Conditions / Demands
- Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner
- Proficient ommunication skills
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Seeks to acquire knowledge in area of specialty
- Highly thorough and dependable
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to represent the company with external constituents
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Knowledge of and ability to use materials, methods/principles and tools specific to the needs of the Locksmith trade
- Knowledge of applicable building codes, regulations or ordinances
- Ability to operate a computer
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, blueprints and/or schematics
- Ability to work with wide variety of cultures and backgrounds
- May be required to acquire and maintain position-required certifications
This role regularly requires the ability to effectively communicate. This role frequently requires the ability to handle equipment. This role frequently requires the ability to remain stationary and ascend/descend ladders/stairs. This role requires the ability to move objects weighing up to 25 pounds. The role requires the ability to detect items in close proximity as well as far away; discern between colors; detect objects in peripheral space of self; discern items in detail; and to have good depth perception. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.Advertised Salary
$23.60 per hourBenefits Overview
For full-time staff employees, Indiana University offers a wide array of benefits including:
- Multiple plan options for medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health Savings Account with generous IU contribution
- Life insurance, LTD, and AD&D options
- Base retirement plan contribution from IU, subject to vesting
- Additional supplemental retirement plan options
- Tuition benefit for IU classes
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Learn more about our benefits by reviewing our online Benefits Brochure.Job Classification
Career Level: Mastery
Job Function: Engineering, Trades & Facility
Job Family: Licensed & Skilled Trades
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.Posting Disclaimer
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at email@example.com or by visiting IUPD.Contact Us
This job has expired.